GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The most POWERFUL piece of music you have ever heard?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/06/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
What music do you find exceptionally powerful in an emotionally moving way? just a little topic I was wondering about when watching Revenge of the Sith last week.

I would have to say the most powerful and inspirational piece I have ever heard would be 'Duel of the Fates' from star wars episode 1:The phantom menace but I think it features in all of the new films. I'm sure its the echoeing choral element that sets it apart from other film tracks. I'd say 'Duel of the Fates' is closely followed by Rob Dougan's 'Chateau' from The matrix reloaded and 'In a heartbeat' by In da house from 28 days later.

what do you think? is there any music from the commercial sector that you find particularly powerful?
Sun 26/06/05 at 21:09
Regular
You reccomended that to me ages ago but I still don't see the brilliance of it. Yeah it's a great tune but I felt there were far far better tracks in the LotR trilogy.
Sun 26/06/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> You reccomended that to me ages ago but I still don't see the
> brilliance of it. Yeah it's a great tune but I felt there were far
> far better tracks in the LotR trilogy.

Most powerful track on the LOTR soundtrack I would say is 'the great river' or 'minas tirith'.

The most powerfull peice of classical traditional music I have listened to is probably Ravel by Bolero or Carmina Burana. The former I feel is also getting over used and most of the time for comical effect which I dont find at all funny due to the intense nature of the piece.
Mon 27/06/05 at 01:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Wagner - ride of the valkyries
Ocean Machine - the death of music

poewrful in profoundly different ways, but both fantastic.
Mon 27/06/05 at 01:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
LotR has loads of powerful music. In Return of the King as Gandalf first rides up the levels of Minas Tirith, and some of the Rohan theme.

Oscar well deserved for Howard Shore.
Mon 27/06/05 at 11:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> You reccomended that to me ages ago but I still don't see the
> brilliance of it. Yeah it's a great tune but I felt there were far
> far better tracks in the LotR trilogy.

But, but, the violins!
Mon 27/06/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Game wise, the death of Aerith in FF V II is memorable, Film wise lots of tunes top three for me Heat -the bank takedown, Duel of the fates -SW, and the rohan theme -LOTR, but only because i've been to the "set" of Edoras in NZ and played that in the car :)
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yeah, FF7 has an awesome soundtrack, i was going to put "one winged angel" as one of my choices, but "the death of music" just beats it.
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:16
Regular
"cachoo"
cookie monster wrote:
> But, but, the violins!

Mmm, violins make [almost] any piece powerful sounding.
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:08
Regular
As does a baseball bat to the head...
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
One piece of music that always evokes an emotion out of me is Clare De Lune by Debussy (I think). I was first introduced to it on the Ocean's 11 soundtrack and it's a brilliant piece of classic music that makes the hairs on my arms stand on end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.