GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All you dirty P2P music stealers beware.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/06/05 at 23:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"A mother has received a demand for £4,000 in compensation by solicitors acting for the music industry after her daughter, Emily, was caught illegally downloading songs by her favourite artists.

Mrs Price, a self-confessed computer illiterate, said: "I don't know where I'm going to get the money from. I'll have to go to prison because I haven't got that kind of money."

As well as using the PC to help with her homework, 14-year-old Emily had been using file-sharing to download 1,400 songs for free."

From the Guardian. [URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1511068,00.html[/URL]

How stupid is this? I know it's making an example but even so.

On a more personal note, Tphi wonders whether turning off LimeWire now might not be a bad idea.
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got a metric tonne of copied music - about 4Gigs I got off Snuggly. He's the Neal to my Dringo.
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:13
Regular
"8==="
Oh, I see she was a mini-hub then.

Figures.
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tomm wrote:
> Saying that I proceed to buy most of the stuff I
> 'trial'...

If you keep saying something to yourself, it doesn't make it true...
Sat 25/06/05 at 10:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
"I think I've been picked on because my computer is on all the time and people have downloaded music from my files."

See whenever I download anything from a P2P network, which is rarely, I never upload any files, I just keep them in a separate folder which isnt shared. Saying that I proceed to buy most of the stuff I 'trial'...
Sat 25/06/05 at 08:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Chippxero wrote:
> I say good, she must have know her daughter was downloading music.
>
> Hope she goes to jail.
>
> the fine is likely to be for having tracks she didnt own.

You're viscious!
Sat 25/06/05 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
Why is it always young girls in the 'examples'?

Is it because they're more likely to obey warnings or perhaps it's because they buy most of the crap that makes the money in the pop charts?

It seems if you're not in school you're pretty safe.
Sat 25/06/05 at 00:32
Regular
"8==="
I have 1000's taken through 4/5 p2p programs at irregular intervals.

Sue me.
Sat 25/06/05 at 00:31
Regular
Why is the mother charged? Shouldnt the girl be charged? She's only 14 so would that just be a slap on the wrist? I dont think parents should be held responsible if their kids download songs, otherwise they should secretly encourage people to download their songs so they can demand thousands in compensation.
Sat 25/06/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
I say good, she must have know her daughter was downloading music.

Hope she goes to jail.

the fine is likely to be for having tracks she didnt own.
Sat 25/06/05 at 00:15
Regular
"cachoo"
Would the fine still be as big if she wasn't sharing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.