GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All you dirty P2P music stealers beware.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/06/05 at 23:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"A mother has received a demand for £4,000 in compensation by solicitors acting for the music industry after her daughter, Emily, was caught illegally downloading songs by her favourite artists.

Mrs Price, a self-confessed computer illiterate, said: "I don't know where I'm going to get the money from. I'll have to go to prison because I haven't got that kind of money."

As well as using the PC to help with her homework, 14-year-old Emily had been using file-sharing to download 1,400 songs for free."

From the Guardian. [URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1511068,00.html[/URL]

How stupid is this? I know it's making an example but even so.

On a more personal note, Tphi wonders whether turning off LimeWire now might not be a bad idea.
Sat 25/06/05 at 20:02
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
"As well as using the PC to help with her homework, 14-year-old Emily had been using file-sharing to download 1,400 songs for free."

Kids don't use their PC for homework anymore.
Sat 25/06/05 at 19:28
Regular
How exactly did they find out that she had been downloadin music?
Sat 25/06/05 at 16:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> In america happen the same thing and the girl was 11 year-old and they
> took the girl away from their parents to a under 16-year old prison
> for teenagers.

This is a product recall for "Ice_Crystal_15".

Please return to the Woolworths you came from so your chips can be rewired to the language known as English.
Sat 25/06/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
In america happen the same thing and the girl was 11 year-old and they took the girl away from their parents to a under 16-year old prison for teenagers.
Sat 25/06/05 at 14:37
Regular
"bot"
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> It doesn't makes any scence
> downloading over 1,400 million songs

Sat 25/06/05 at 14:27
"period drama"
She deserves it. 1,400 songs is way too many.
Sat 25/06/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
gamesfreak wrote:
> The problem lies in the fact the Girl was probably using something
> like Limewire or Kazaa.
>
> BitTorrent is the way forward

But they say that limewire is the best p2p program and pro does it make any sence, Why did she download over 1,400 songs that is a real fanatic hacker that likes music, She could just listen music from mercora.com or artistdrect.com, It doesn't makes any scence downloading over 1,400 million songs, Emily started downloading songs and she couldn't stop downloading!
Sat 25/06/05 at 12:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tomm wrote:
> See whenever I download anything from a P2P network, which is rarely,
> I never upload any files, I just keep them in a separate folder which
> isnt shared.

Bunch of leachers :P
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ms NY wrote:
> Would the fine still be as big if she wasn't sharing?

They wouldn't have done anything if she wasn't sharing. They're killing the people sharing so nobody else has anything to download.

I made sure my sister wasn't sharing with her Kazaalite and had a go at my housemate when I found he was sharing 1000 odd songs on WinMX. Nothing I've got is shared now so I'm fine.
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:33
Regular
The problem lies in the fact the Girl was probably using something like Limewire or Kazaa.

BitTorrent is the way forward

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.