GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Ten"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/06/05 at 13:56
Regular
"..."
Haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought it was about time. Feel free to add you own or argue mine. Opinions are always good, but bare in mind my list changes by the hour, never mind the day...

Cong Man's Top Ten Wrestlers in the world today. (Based on In-ring ability + Ability to cut a good promo + anything else I can think of)

1. Christopher Daniels
2. CM Punk
3. Christian
4. Ruckus
5. AJ Styles
6. Super Dragon
7. The Messiah
8. Colt Cabana
9. Sexxxy Eddy
10. Doug Williams

See if you can download some matches of the guys you haven't heard of on that list, or tune in to TWC.
Sun 26/06/05 at 14:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Wardy wrote:

> i like songs that tell a story :)

then go get yourself some Johnny Cash albums or any other proper old-school country :)
Sun 26/06/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jim of Honor wrote:
> 5. Christopher Daniels – Daniels may not be the in-ring God some
> believe him to be,

Burn in hell for your blasphemy!!!! :-D

Top quality list anyway
Sun 26/06/05 at 14:18
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
1. American Dragon Bryan Danielson - Just the best that I've seen lately. His matches are so well-controlled and make so much sense throughout, and he combines being a rudo heel with a brilliant offence. Plus, he's so young that the only way's up: he's not only already fantastic, but he still has unfulfilled potential. The only issue some have with Dragon is his promos, but I think that when he's given a mic, he always makes the most of it. Needs more facial expression and a clearer voice for that.

2. Samoa Joe - Matured so much as the ROH Champion, especially towards the end of his reign. Can work hour-long, psychology-packed wars or 15-minute strong style massacres, and everything in between. His promo ability is excellent, his ability to garner heat just as good. Now knows how to lead matches and how to pace them, and that puts him head and shoulders above many, if not most, independent wrestlers.

3. Eddie Guerrero - His match against Mysterio on SD! was a masterclass in slow-build, story-driven working. I don't watch WWE these days, but I download stuff now and then, and Eddie never has let me down. His character work is so compelling and intelligent, and his in-ring work is intense without being over-the-top. Easily deserves the top titles for his abilities (as opposed to someone like Cena - good Lord...), if only he could handle the pressure better than his WWE Title run.

4. Chris Benoit - Benoit's only real weak point is his promo-cutting ability. 'Weak' is relative, because I still like them, but they'd need work to get in line with the rest of his ability. Probably the best in-ring worker there is today, in the US or elsewhere, let down somewhat by his character work. This is only because he’s so good at everything else, and that the character’s his only weak link. If he could improve that, he’d be pretty much unparalleled.

5. Christopher Daniels – Daniels may not be the in-ring God some believe him to be, but his moveset and heat-garnering ability are both far better than most workers going today. He can bust out the really well-told matches when he wants to, but often, as he’s in TNA, he doesn’t need to and so resorts to spotfests more often than not. However, as shown by various matches in other indy promotions, and the AJ Styles Ironman match in TNA, when he’s called upon to deliver the big-time goods, he can, and then some. His promo cutting is absolutely superb, probably my favourite in TNA right now, and his character of the Fallen Angel is one of the best gimmicks anywhere. The Curry Man suits Japan better than the Fallen Angel would, but I still hate it considering the greatness of the Fallen Angel.

6. CM Punk – He started his career sloppy, and that still haunts him in some ways today, but though his execution isn’t always crisp, he knows how to tell a story properly, which is more important to me anyway. His ability to produce hour-long matches from anywhere (and more – he faced Chris Hero in IWA: Mid-South for 93 minutes a couple of years ago) is little short of amazing, and very useful in the right feuds (see his trilogy against Samoa Joe in ROH, for example). Where the WWE have GOT to use him properly, now that he’s signed a developmental deal, is in his ability to cut promos, develop his character on-screen and get a feud going. His work as the straight-edge heel early in his ROH career was just so excellent, that he couldn’t help but get over with the crowd. If he can sharpen up his execution of moves, he truly must be pushed in WWE in the next 5 years or so.

7. Alex Shelley – My personal favourite wrestler by some distance. Not only does the guy know how to pay his dues (jobbing out to the world and his wife in many promotions and making other talent look great), but also he knows how to do just about everything else. For me, no wrestler has the charisma in the commentary booth as Shelley has shown me, though he rarely gets that chance these days. His work on the mic is brilliant: he can work as the face the crowd loves to get behind, or the cocky heel everyone hates. His moveset is experimental and always expanding, and he always matches it to not only his opponents, but also the country, promotion and position of the match on the card. For someone so young as he, he can lead matches and carry lesser opponents to a great degree already. I can’t see any reasons why Shelley can’t become a legend in the right promotion, especially as he’s maturing by the day.

8. Rocky Romero – Such great charisma, and the ability to wrestle all sorts of styles. Not yet in the same leagues as Danielson, Guerrero or Benoit, but he’s putting on matches that I’m really enjoying seeing. As part of the Havana Pitbulls, he wrestled excellent stiff, strong-style matches with an MMA flavour, and now as Black Tiger IV in New Japan, he’s wrestling the lucha style fabulously. This guy should be pushed as one of the best Junior Heavyweights going, and I feel that if he can work on his promos and his longer match psychology, the guy’s going places.

9. Low Ki – Not as popular amongst indy fans as he was a couple of years ago, and yet he’s producing some of his best work now. Though many saw him as just being all kicks and no substance (which may have been true in 2000 or so), his matches in ROH especially have been brilliant as “Gangster Ki”. His heel gimmick is far better than I thought it would be, and he’s mastered the concept of limiting the popular, crowd-pleasing moves whilst he’s a heel. He’s improved so much as a wrestler, especially during these NOAH tours he’s been going on this year. I predict that Ki will become a figure of Chris Benoit-like proportions in Japan by the time his career is over.

10. Super Dragon – This last spot was hard to call, but Super Dragon’s got it due to his ability to be a totally hateable heel with the difficulty of having a mask. Often wrestlers with masks suffer from not being able to express themselves facially, but Dragon manages to compensate with the use of his body. His look is one of the best going, the Psycho Driver is one of the best finishers in pro-wrestling, and his matches are often some of the most enjoyable on the card, if not up to the standard of the Benoits or the Danielsons of this world.
Sun 26/06/05 at 11:26
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> 5) Eddie Guerrero - To be honest Eddie segments bore me lately. He
> was sometimes quite funny as a face, now he is a heel he is also less
> funny and more boring.

You are crazy, Eddie is a fantastic Heel, just take a look at his sit-down promo the night after he suplexed Mysterio onto the Steps.

> It makes me laugh how when people are face
> they are all up for a fight and everything and then the moment they
> turn heel they dont want to fight unless they do it whilst their
> opponent has their back turned. Overall...dont like Eddie!

Thats because he's a Heel... Its not real Wardy...
Sun 26/06/05 at 11:20
Regular
1) Juventud Guerrera
2) Kurt Angle
3) Eddie Guerrero
4) Psicosis
5) Christian
6) Benoit
7) Jericho
8) Super Crazy
9) Sabu
10) Shawn Michaels
Sat 25/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
1. Juventud - As much as I fear he may be wasted by the WWE, it's great to see him back in action. I was a massive fan when he was in WCW, and the WWE have made a good decision in signing him on, at least... Electrifying.

2. Kurt Angle - It's a shame his neck is in a rather fragile condition, because his in-ring ability is pretty much second-to-none. He really knows how to make a promo, as well.

3. Super Crazy - Although not a massive followed of ECW in the past, I was aware of his ability. Fantastic to see him back in the big time again. I just pray that he isn't wasted.

4. AJ Styles - Again, someone who I've not been a proper follower of, but someone who has impressed me immensely on the occasions that I have seen him.

5. Christian - Thought he and Edge were fantastic together, and was doubtful about him once he went solo. Could he cut it without the classic E&C gimmick? Needless to say, I've not been disappointed.

6. Sabu - The fact that he can still put on a performance to rival some of the WWE's biggest names 10 years after putting his body through complete hell shows that this guy is a true great. He put the 'Extreme' in Extreme Championship Wrestling, and I loved him for it.

7. The Rock - Although I respect him as a wrestler, as an entertainer in general he's fantastic. Hilarious on the microphone, and seems to be a very decent guy on top of all that.

8. Chris Benoit - Has had some great feuds with other top wrestlers such as Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero, and whether he lacks charisma or not, he's still a great wrestler.

9. Raven - Him against Rhyno at Backlash 2001 is evidence of just what he was capable of doing in a WWE ring. Shame they completely ruined him pretty soon afterwards. For me, though, he's a true great.

10. Psicosis - He's aged a bit, but he's still got some life in him. In the 90s, however, some of his matches were very entertaining. It'll be interesting to see just how much aerial ability he's really lost. I don't think we've seen his full capacity just yet in the WWE...
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
> The Wardy wrote:
> I recommend the song "If It All Ended Tomorrow"

Very_Metal wrote:
>
> cool, i'll check it out.

The thing i like about the song is Cena's part about 2 minutes in, it like tells a story, and i like songs that tell a story :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:45
Regular
"you've got a beard"
> The Wardy wrote:
> 1.John Cena
> What tracks you heard off the album?

not sure mate, just the bits they play when they have him on radio shows and stuff. i didn't mind "bad, bad man", but i think i may have been swung by the video :D

> But then i suppose if you hate that type of
> music theres not much i can say to get you into it!

hehe, quite true.
it's not that i hate is as such, i'm just not a fan of music that tries to be a lifestyle. Take a hip hop artist, take away his daft clothes, expensive jewellery and cars and leave only the music.. 9 times out of 10 it's a bit weak. i can appreciate hip-hop when it's done well though, same as any music.

> I recommend the song "If It All Ended Tomorrow"

cool, i'll check it out.
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:45
Regular
"you've got a beard"
** double post **
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The Wardy wrote:
> 6) AJ Styles - I say they should bring AJ to WWE but use him properly and not waste him.

They tried, he wisely turned them down because he knew they would waste him.

> 7) Super Crazy - I really like Super Crazt, even though i have seen
> only 2 of his matches. Therefore i know nothing about his
> charisma/promo skills but his wrestling is brilliant.

10 count in spanish > everything else

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.