GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFF / English language People?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/06/05 at 09:46
Regular
"SOUP!"
For the editorial exam on friday - do we have a choice of two questions per info-pack, so 4 questions in total?

I cant find the exam spec.

Cheers.
Wed 22/06/05 at 15:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ah, makes sense now - sorry for my crippled understanding.

What does it actually acheive?
Wed 22/06/05 at 15:55
"period drama"
Absolutely nothing.
It's great if you're doing an English course at uni! Apparently.

Which I'm not ...

Bit of pretentious fun though, I suppose.
Wed 22/06/05 at 15:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
Wish I'd been entered for it really. Did your sixthform/college do it automatically?

Hmhmhm 57 marks between 3 papers.

Thats 19 marks per paper.

Hooray.
Wed 22/06/05 at 17:31
"period drama"
No, you get asked to do it or not - all the top boffs from the year.
I think there's about 8 people doing it this year in all.

Did you get your coursework marks then? They wouldn't tell us ours, even though none of the marks have been changed by the exam board in the last 5 years or something. Bah.

Still, I'm probably in the same position as you - what with my über-A from last year, and my coursework hopefully, probably pwned.
Wed 22/06/05 at 18:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Well I got told I got a top A, highest in class blah. So when I was adding up I gave myself 80/90 incase I got marked down or my A isnt totally 'uber'.

I'm in a pretty comfortable position though now.

Started looking at Ibiza stuff and dude its easy!
Wed 22/06/05 at 18:58
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>The first year is very different, and a breeze through. And you actually >get to do some original writing,
> which was the whole reason why I signed up to the course in the first
> place - and then you don't do any in the 2nd year.

I heard about that. Original writing is something I do in my spare time anyway... What's the filler in the second year then?
Wed 22/06/05 at 19:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
Rai wrote:

> I heard about that. Original writing is something I do in my spare
> time anyway... What's the filler in the second year then?

Coursework piece into language investigation. Example: I looked at the differences between languages in male magazines (zoo/fhm/esquire) and female magazines (closer/Cosmopolitan/Summat else) and comparsed blah de blah blah, and doobie de squibble dibble.
Fri 24/06/05 at 07:46
Regular
"SOUP!"
Oh sheet, it's today.
Fri 24/06/05 at 13:47
"period drama"
Oh sheet.
That was ... well ... could have been worse, I suppose.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Meh it was gay.

I did question 1, I wasn't about to attempt the feminism b*llocks that 3 and 4 had to offer, and question 2's audience was too generic.

I don't assume I did too great though.

Acquisition and change better be easier :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.