GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFF / English language People?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/06/05 at 09:46
Regular
"SOUP!"
For the editorial exam on friday - do we have a choice of two questions per info-pack, so 4 questions in total?

I cant find the exam spec.

Cheers.
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:04
"period drama"
I'm thinking I probably should have done that one now.
I could have talked about etymological fallacy anyways, which would be teh r0><0rz.

"omfg!1 this guy's a genius!"

Instead they got "also of (very) slight interest is the word 'sauce-pan' ..."

"omfg!1 this guy's not very excited!"
Mon 27/06/05 at 14:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
The Spam one was good seeing as I couldn't be bothered talking about archaisms. It was basically, LOOK IT USED TO MEAN MEAT BUT IT'S CHANGED SEMANTICALLY OMG!

Talked about perjoration and then how new words are brought in and how old words are regurgutated with new meanings, i.e. 'Gay'.

Then blabbed about influence of media. Was easy, really.
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:24
"period drama"
Was that spam question any good? It looked pretty shee-ite to me, so I ignored it.

Well, I laughed at the Monty Python bit, then ignored it - and seeing as we had done comparing an old and a new recipe exam in class before, it was the obvious choice.

[I]Cut to a café. All customers are vikings. Mr. and Mrs. Bun enter, downwards (on wires)
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:21
"period drama"
Heh, I did exactly the opposite questions to you.

I think there's always much more to talk about with written stuff than spoken stuff anyway - especially as the spoken was all from the same kid, at the same age, you couldn't really talk about development.

Then I got a bit bored ... and on the other question starting ranting on about the nanny state and hinted that Hannah whiserface could possibly have been an 18th century anarchist.

Ah well, fun fun fun.

And I got to say conversationalisation.
Mon 27/06/05 at 12:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Heh that was easier than all of the practises.

I did Q1 first of all, having no choice in the matter because I purposely didnt learn child literacy because it's dull. I found a lot to ramble about in an erotically museful fashion. Then I did Q3, the Spam one, which was EXACTLY what I said it would be (semantic shift and perjoration), scroll down and see :-P

Also neologisms and reposession. It was uber-fun-o-matic.

Glad it's over. I'm free.

*dances nakedly on your lap*
Sat 25/06/05 at 13:02
"period drama"
That's about it, methinks. Hence why I'm doing nothing until tomorrow for it.

Maybe just learn / remember at what age the kid should be at which stages for reading and writing and speaking. Although in the exam, you'll do better saying which stage they are at, rather than which stage they should be at.

I dunno ... it's a non-exam, really. What a waste of lesson time.
Sat 25/06/05 at 12:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
How do I revise this stuff?

Look at the framework and go "oooh"?

I know Halliday's taxonomy (heuristic, imaginative, personal, interactional, regulatory, instrumental and representational)

and the 4 main theories:

Behaviourist (skinner - positive & negative reinforcement)

Interactional (Bard & Sachs - study of a deaf kid who couldnt interact)

Naturist (Chomsky - Langauage acquisition device)

Cognitive - (Piaget - you need to understand the theory behind what you're saying before you can say it, explains tantrums)

-----

What the hell else do I need to learn for the exams? I'm not doing practise papers because theyre gay. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
Fri 24/06/05 at 21:21
"period drama"
Yes, very blaggable. Unless you get a duff question - or 2 rather - then you're screwed.
Fri 24/06/05 at 17:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
Aye, shudda been to "revitalise the club culture" but screw it - its over & done with. I did alright in it, commentary should be longer though - 200 words is nothing.

Two more left - they're very blaggable.

Perjoration
Amelioration and
Semantic shift

those words will get me my A.
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:41
"period drama"
Aye, did the same - the only decent question there, luckily enough.
I'd pretty much scrapped the Grace Darling book before I went in anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.