GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Batman Begins reviewed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 12:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/[/URL]

Absolutely fantastic, loved every second of it and I've seen it twice already. Everything is explained down to the smallest detail and yet it still manages to lose none of its mystique. Probably the most enjoyable film I've seen this year, up there with Sin City and Star Wars.
Tue 21/06/05 at 10:50
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
> According to Snuggly, Episode 3 has the honour of "Starting with
> perhaps the most audacious opening shot ever put to film".

I bet First Contact's is better.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> As far as I can remember, you still haven't seen Star Wars, so you're
> not exactly qualified to comment. Besides, I said 'perhaps', it's
> all opinion
----------

I have seen it. And it was exactly what I thought. Sure it's better than the 1st two, but that's not saying much.
As for the opening shot, no more audacious than a cut-scene from Halo 2. That's my problem with the new movies, it all just feels like videogame cut scenes.
Episode 3 is what I expected from Episode 1, the only one of the new films to bear any resemblance to the original films. Yet I felt the nods and connections were more a desperate "See! This IS Star Wars!!!" from Lucas than anything genuine.

Sure it was nice to see Chewbacca, but the Wookies served no purpose other than to make fans go "Cool, Wookies!". Their planet/involvement could've been *any* race, it just happened to be Wookies - no real reason for them to be there other than a nod to the originals.
It was the first film that actually dealt with the issue of Anakin turning to the dark side, and for that to occur in the last Episode was too late I think.
The Emperor was cool, but for two films he's sat there doing nothing.

And Vader's "Nooooooooooo" scene was McBain tastic.
But I'll buy it on DVD and hope the deleted scenes are better. Which they wont be.
I hope the decleration of love between Anakin & Mathilda has been changed though, that was cringing.
"I love you"
"I love you more"
"I love you even more than more"
"Aw that's not possible"
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> As for the opening shot, no more audacious than a cut-scene from Halo
> 2. That's my problem with the new movies, it all just feels like
> videogame cut scenes.

Exactly my problem with CGI generated sequences. Anything is possible and the overall effect is lessened. A long single take sequence (OldBoy), or something like the opening shot of Boogie Nights is far more likely to impress me.

Son't get me wrong, I love CGI effects, but personaly find the Vogons in the recent HHGTTG to be absoute masterpieces of SFX work and far superiour to the weightlessness of CGI's "feel."
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:27
Regular
"8==="
Star Wars is a movie for children that pretends to be 'deep'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:29
Regular
"8==="
Ok ok ok.

BEST opening ever?

Snake Eyes. The first 20 minutes are one continuous shot of the lead character being followed around.

Highly impressive and no CGI.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> the opening shot of Boogie Nights is far more likely to impress me.

Admit it, you prefered the closing shot...
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:31
Regular
"8==="
I preferred the cumshot.

Ahar.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Goatboy wrote:
> And Vader's "Nooooooooooo" scene was McBain tastic

Emperor(holding book): "Vader, In this evil galactic empire, we do things by the book!"

Vader (Slashing book with lightsabre): "Bye Book"
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hedfix wrote:
> Snake Eyes. The first 20 minutes are one continuous shot of the lead
> character being followed around.
-------

I thought that until, being De Palma, he revealed that it's several smaller scenes masked by edits you can't notice.

There are loads of opening scenes I love, but an exercise in CGI doesn't cut it.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:39
Regular
"8==="
Awwww.

Curse clever directors! ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.