GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dual Hard Drives"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/06/05 at 18:21
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
I've run out of space on my current HDrive and basically need to extend it.
1) Could I just put in a second HDrive and effectivly have it added on (eg. 80Gb +80Gb to give 160Gb) OR would that just make me a second computer(eg. two 80Gb HDrives with separate logins.).
2) Would it just be easier to get a new giant HDrive, say 200Gb, and transfer the files using a program.

Does anyone have any ideas on any of these setups?
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No he seems to want to run his OS off the new HD, for some unknown reason. It would be exactly the same whichever HD you ran it off.
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:09
Regular
"the burning sky"
Thats what I thought he wanted to do...
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why don't you just install a new harddrive and then save everything to that instead of to your original hard drive. What's wrong with that?
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:03
Regular
"bot"
Hazelld wrote:
> I have the option to install the OS on both HDrives, that is
> something I can do.

erm, why?

Let me show you something:

[URL]http://img189.echo.cx/img189/8026/untitled18hq1.jpg[/URL]

This is what I see when I go to My Computer.
Jeez....
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:01
Regular
"bot"
erm...then stick in a new 120GB drive as a slave or whatever and you have 120GB of room to play around with.

it's not any harder to save a file to U:\Documents than it is to C:\
Fri 17/06/05 at 18:56
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
WHAT?!
Thats pointless, I may as well just buy a new larger HDrive, The whole point is I don't want to lose the files on my current HDrive, I just want to entend the size.

I have the option to install the OS on both HDrives, that is something I can do.
Fri 17/06/05 at 18:54
Regular
"bot"
in that case you'll have to format the current C:\ then install the OS onto the new drive, which will in turn become 'C'
Fri 17/06/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
I want to have my current full drive with all my junk on (C:) to basically be accessible through my new empty clean HDrive (U:) almost as if I was using C: on a new computer as a *USB pen*.
Fri 17/06/05 at 18:48
Regular
"bot"
Which one do you want the operating system on?
You don't really choose which one is "used" as such...just save files/isntall programs to U:\ instead of C:\. That's all there is to it.
Fri 17/06/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Ahh, like a big unremovable USB pen, that suprisingly makes sense. And how do I define which HDrive is primarily used? I'll want to have my current one as the USB pen and a fresh new one as my main.

Sorry to be so questioning I just need to be sure this will work before I spend my continuly decreasing money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.