GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I don't like The Libertines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/06/05 at 15:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Reason #1: I have no idea.

:'{

I remember someone likening them to The Smiths who I hate, so although I had Up the Bracket on my iPod, I didn't listen to it. You'd be shocked if you actually knew me, because I hardly ever go by other peoples opinions or reviews.

I've subsequently listened through Up the Bracket about 8 times since last night. Plus Narcissist and Don't Look Back Into the Sun.

Stupid, stupid me.

I liked Babyshambles a bit too.

Now to go forth and buy Up the Bracket.
Sun 19/06/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I read my mates NME once. They reviewed the new (International) Noise Conspiracy album and said it was generic garage punk rock... Then proceeded to give the Hives album of the week or something.

How I despaired.

But yeah, this mate loves the Libs... And I don't like much of the same music as he does at all, apart from classic punk and some reggae... I'm just a bit repelled by all the hype surrounding them...
Sun 19/06/05 at 14:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
1. Meh. That's the lesser part of The Libertines I find. Slower stuff like this. 5or6/10

2. Better. Nice stuff again, but I'm hoping for more. Improved through out, partcularly the second half. 7or8/10

3. I love drums and good bass guitarists. The band lack the bassist ability of The Libs, but they've got the drum beats and riffs there. Second half song again. 7or8/10

4. I knew that I'd like it from the name. Kind of song that really grows on me. I'm sure it'll be used as outro music or backing music on TV. 8or9/10

5. Gah. He put "like, don't you know" in the lyrics. He doesn't do it as well as coke boy, and I hate that phrase too. Rest of the lyrics are ok though. 5or6/10

6. T'was good. Liked it. Best all-round song so far. Bit solid. Not vibrant enough. 7or8/10

7. More what I was expecting. Solid, but not perfect. 8or9/10

8. More rocky. Liked it. Good stuff. 9/10

9. Timing's good for a live performance, not enthralling at first, but gets alot better. 8or9/10

10. Best song of the lot and worth the wait. Really felt this 9or10/10

They're very similar. Similar voice, happy music with more negative lyrics. similar style. Guitarists aren't quite as good and they generally aren't as good as "teh punx", but yeah. Good.
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
:'}
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:57
"period drama"
[URL]http://www.ilovethesheriff.com/arcticmonkeys.html[/URL]
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Also, I need to hear some Arctic Monkeh again.

Got a link Tribbers?
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
T'is true.

I have a friend whose taste in music is:

NME + old "hits"
Sun 19/06/05 at 13:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ignore the NME. They're dirty basts.
Sun 19/06/05 at 12:25
Regular
The Libertines aren't even punk.

P.S. They're the best band ever
Sun 19/06/05 at 11:12
"period drama"
Sibs wrote:
> But given they're the kind of band the NME loves 'cos they're teh
> punx!' I'm thinking I won't like them at all...

Well, I've never read of single word from filthy NME, nor do I ever intend to, and the Libs are still in my top 3 bands, like, evUr.
Sun 19/06/05 at 11:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ahaha.
Ahhahahahaha.
Doh is a gayby.
On TOTP anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.