GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question to anyone who speaks English !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/06/05 at 14:35
Regular
"..."
Yesterday was my English exam, and there was a question that I disagreed on with all the English teachers in the school, so in order to know the exact correct answer, the best thing to do is to ask British people (I am Egyptian by the way). This is the question:

Begin the following phrase with the word "Books", so that it would give the same meaning:
-People still read books.

My answer: Books are still being read by people.
The teachers' answer: Books are still read by people.

There are only 2 students in the school that wrote my answer: Me and my friend, and we're both the best English students in the school. And I mean the BEST, there is no one else in the school that can be compared to us. While on the other hand, all 3 English teachers in the school say that the correct answer is the other one, so ?
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:07
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
To me, both seem good. But the one your teachers think is right seems to match the question more.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:08
Regular
"..."
They make as many mistakes as hell, and me and my friend have had hundreds of arguments with them in the past. We were right in all of them, except this one..
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well both sentences make sense, and both are right. But their sentence is not wrong, as you seem to think.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:09
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I agree. Contradicting englsh teachers is a fun thing to do. Sometimes we distract them from the lesson with a really stupid open-ended question.

I love a good argument.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
i fink ur write
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
SHEEPY wrote:
> i fink ur write

i fink dat yoo r stoopid meester shep.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
mi spulling n grandma rulz...
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Haha

I just looked at the title again.
Yeah, nobody speaks English on ukchatforums.com
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh.
Thu 16/06/05 at 15:14
Regular
"..."
If my answer isn't correct, then my situation will become reaaaally screwed up. Last year I lost 8 marks because of Arabic, and I got the highest mark ever in Biology, but it still makes me lose 6 marks, which gives an advantage to people who chose chemistry.. If I end up getting a job in Egypt, I'll commit a suicide, seriously..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.