GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question to anyone who speaks English !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/06/05 at 14:35
Regular
"..."
Yesterday was my English exam, and there was a question that I disagreed on with all the English teachers in the school, so in order to know the exact correct answer, the best thing to do is to ask British people (I am Egyptian by the way). This is the question:

Begin the following phrase with the word "Books", so that it would give the same meaning:
-People still read books.

My answer: Books are still being read by people.
The teachers' answer: Books are still read by people.

There are only 2 students in the school that wrote my answer: Me and my friend, and we're both the best English students in the school. And I mean the BEST, there is no one else in the school that can be compared to us. While on the other hand, all 3 English teachers in the school say that the correct answer is the other one, so ?
Sat 18/06/05 at 14:56
Regular
"absolute mayhem"
I think your topic is written strangely from start to finish... but you are Egyptian and fairly young.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Both would be correct but your answer has a slight tense error, it just seems a little unusual., In the way you used the infiniative.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Oh noes, I've got to mess up an exam so I can see if they thwart mojojojo

And Lindgren, Memo's right, and you're wrong.
Someone always answers it in the first five, albeit given a light sprinkling of laughter.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:34
Regular
"bot"
It was answered on the first page.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Like Im going to read 9 pages of whats probably complete crap....

And you'd be amazed how many topics can go into double figure pages without the question ever actually been answered at all.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:07
Lindgren wrote:
> Your teacher was correct in his/her answer.
>
> It is the grammatically correct answer

Wow - thanks for letting us know the answer 9 pages into the topic!
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I imagine most people wouldn't
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
It would be well funny going to live in another country then doing an exam like this.
It would be abit insulting not to get 100% though..
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Your teacher was correct in his/her answer.

It is the grammatically correct answer.
Fri 17/06/05 at 19:50
Regular
"..."
Vampyr wrote:
> Books still read people....
> ...
>
> seriously though, both are correct and have the same meaning, your
> sentece is simply passive, which is probably better in the situation.
> Was it like a choice between a bunch or could you just write a
> sentence, if it is the latter then i cant see you not getting the
> marks. hope that is helpful.

It wasn't a choice, all what matters is that you would rephrase it to give the same meaning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.