GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS3 To be released on December 27th ????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Fri 29/10/04 at 23:49
Regular
"..."
I used to think that the PAL version of MGS3 was going to be released in March 2005, but according to this : [URL]http://www9.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.php?product_code=10242&subcat=ps2[/URL] it's going to be released on December 27th , while according to this : [URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A1P7A/qid=1099089944/ref=pd_ka_1/202-3935948-3468604[/URL] it's going to be released on July 29th, so, I'm a bit confused... Any help would be needed here because I need to buy San Andreas and I also need to pre-order MGS3, so if it's arriving in March/July I'll buy San Andreas, and if it's in December, then I'll pre-order it...
Mon 01/11/04 at 13:57
Regular
The fact it has Gone Gold for a state release spoils that slightly...
Mon 01/11/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Bow to me!"
shame on you. MGS3 is coming out next summer (july) dont be suprised is the american date dosnt slide to february
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:39
Regular
I could be picky and say it comes with Pictochat built-in and is bundled with a Metroid Prime Demo, but...oh balls I just did :)
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:

> So it's being released without games?
>
Yeah, if you think about it. You have to buy the games seperatly.

*Winces*
Sat 30/10/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gavirolax wrote:
> Sazzer wrote:
> December in Japan, sometime November for USA, am importing it.
>
> That's complete crap.
>
> Why would a JAPANESE company release a JAPANESE game somewhere else
> first?

They did it with MGS2 so it isn't complete crap at all.

Anyway i'll be getting the USA version anyway so doesn't bother me :-D
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:46
Regular
I think you will find that Konami originally said December 13th and then they moved it back to 27th as an undisclosed date.

So in this instance it had nothing to do with individual retailers.
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Does anyone actually seriously trust release dates set by retailers?

Idiots.
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:37
Regular
Judging by what happened with Metal Gear Solid 2 it looks like they have done the same here and once again under-estimated the development time.

The game may be finished but I would imagine it will take a while yet for them to code the languages for all European countries. Releasing 2 days *after* Christmas would be stupid anyway so whoever noted that down as a possible release was clearly way off the mark.
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Thats true. Saying that though, if I got say, 2 other games for Christmas, I might not be wanting to buy a new game for a fair while, so it would be a real risk for them if people did the same thing.
Sat 30/10/04 at 20:28
Regular
I read a few days a go it would now be March next year before a PAL release due to all the PAL languages the game has to be coded for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.