GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Headset"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/06/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Does ANYONE know where I can get a decent USB headset for the PC without taking out a bloody mortgage?!

They're all £20!

I don't mind spending money on things that matter... but a headset?! People charge £25-odd on eBay, and even they're reconditioned.

Bloody rip-off.

All I want in a nice, well built one.. not necessarily flashy or hip... just one that works and is USB.

I need it for Battlefield, you see.
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Memorandum! wrote:
> No, there's just a "headphone" jack and a "mic"
> jack.

bit late, merm, it's already been explained!
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:45
Regular
"bot"
Lipe wrote:
> My headset has 2 different connectors, one for the mic and one for the
> headphones. Only cost £15 too. Good ol' Logitech.

pfft - £3.50
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:42
Regular
"bot"
gerrid wrote:
> Well I'm guessing you can't plug a HEADset into a mic jack, because
> you won't hear any sounds. Obviously you get the same effect by just
> having a mic and headphones, but if you want the two together on one
> package (not that you couldn't do that yourself with some plastic and
> glue), you'd have to go USB.

No, there's just a "headphone" jack and a "mic" jack.
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:25
Regular
My headset has 2 different connectors, one for the mic and one for the headphones. Only cost £15 too. Good ol' Logitech.
Mon 13/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What has two connectors? The headset? Surely it'll be deteced just like any mic would - and obviously the headphones will work. I'd say if you don't want to spend £20 then getting a mic and using your headphones/getting a mic/phone headset would be a good option, even if it isn't "automatically deteced".
Mon 13/06/05 at 22:09
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It just has two connectors, Gerrid.

Still, I don't want Mic ones, because they're not automatically recognised.

I did have the SOCOM II headset, which was pretty good... I returned the game, though..

I might just have to bite the bullet and buy one for £25... but still.... seems like a rip-off!
Mon 13/06/05 at 21:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Well I'm guessing you can't plug a HEADset into a mic jack, because you won't hear any sounds. Obviously you get the same effect by just having a mic and headphones, but if you want the two together on one package (not that you couldn't do that yourself with some plastic and glue), you'd have to go USB.
Mon 13/06/05 at 20:58
Regular
"bot"
I'm guessing nothing. Think about it, the function of a headset/mic is fairly specific...
Mon 13/06/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
phi11ip wrote:
> Please mortgage your house for £20, please.

Ahaha. Best post for a while.

But yeah, what's all this new fad with Battlefields? And, for any of you PS2 owners, Eye Toy's and SOCOM headset's both work with PC USB.

Oh yeah.
Mon 13/06/05 at 20:37
Regular
I don't really need anymore USB devices to be honest.. I already have a Wireless Optical mouse which uses a USB slot and a control pad which I may have to try use to control planes and such. I might aswell have a headset that plugs into my mic socket and my front panel headphone socket.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.