GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where did my weekend go?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/06/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Saturday morning: downloaded Battlefield 2 demo.
Sunday night: still playing Battlefield 2 demo.
Mon 13/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chippxero wrote:
> Monkey_man you using your GAD win on this now that you know you can
> play it?

Probably, yeah. It the fun. I can 'do' helicopters now, but planes still rule the skies. Nothing as terrifying as looking out the window on a chopper to see a large hulk of metal hurtling towards you.

My favourite tactic is to be Special Ops, get in a chopper (or get a lift with a team), land in that car park area behind the oil drums, take out their radar and artillery command thing, lay C4 on the runway, blow them up as they fly off, then escape in one of their planes, James Bond style, crash into the sea, parachute onto the deck of the carrier, repeat!
Mon 13/06/05 at 10:25
Regular
I had so much planned but my whole weekend was stolen by San Andreas.

I want it back!
Mon 13/06/05 at 10:23
Regular
I hate the helis. I just can't manouver them properly.

The planes, however, are excellent.
Mon 13/06/05 at 06:50
Regular
The single player on the demo is just multiplayer with bots. I doubt that's the actual single player.

Anyone know how to command remotely? Some guy at the other end of the map wanted supplies, I dropped them right in front of me - another guy request Artillery on the enemy base - I destroyed 2 of my lovely helis and a Harrier :(

Wonderful, wonderful game though, although I occasionally got booted from games by Punkbuster because I had an 'Empty Win32 Packet Module' or something. Anyone know what the hell that means and how to remedy it?

Oh, and what servers are you lot on? Every time I open XFire, the option to join you isn't available :|
Mon 13/06/05 at 02:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
It's probably not the final build but it must be pretty close to it.

Have you all tried playing the 16 player map? it's much more of a fire fight ground based battle, the map is alot smaller but it's bloody good fun.

Crossbob don't spam in here, don't answer or write back unless it's useful not just a pointless post like most of yours.
Mon 13/06/05 at 01:46
Regular
Well I dunno if this build is the final retail version or an earlier build.
Mon 13/06/05 at 01:44
Regular
"Catch it!"
So by this I can tell its a good game?
Mon 13/06/05 at 01:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
Kinda a shame that the demo does have 'Create Internet Game' i hope there will be the option in the full thing.

Monkey_man you using your GAD win on this now that you know you can play it?

Is it just me or if the first game you join really stuttery and jumps about a bit, then after a while goes to normal smooth game?
Mon 13/06/05 at 00:47
Regular
It's just an automatic ban if you get so many tk's, it's the same on every server.
Mon 13/06/05 at 00:43
Regular
I got an ultimate team kill. I planted C4 on the chopper and both planes at the top base. Waited til they were all full and in use then BANG! Lots and lots of dead team mates.

Can't remember which server it was, but I'm now banned from it.

I just don't know why people can't have a laugh. If I did that to you lot, everyone would laugh and get on with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.