GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who will win the world cup"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/06/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
can brazil hold off some strong compotition or will the fall to the uprising teams.
what is your view
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:53
Regular
"~DPG~"
Brazil
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the winner of the World Cup will be the team that wins in the final, be it by scoring more goals than their opponents or by penalties.

Don't worry, I'll see myself out...
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Argies for me as well especially after seeing the Brazil game this week. They're just more organised then the Brazilians, of course 2006 could be where Robinho steps up to the world stage and becomes the star of the tournament.

But i know who won't win it and that'll be England, they had the best chance in 2002 but blew it like they always do. Quarters for them at the most
Sun 12/06/05 at 12:37
Regular
Flock wrote:
Usually when it's played in
> Europe the winner is from Europe

I dont think this matters as much these days, as nearly he whole of the Brazil and Argentina squads play in Europe.

Last two world cups in europe actually had argentina and brazil in the final.

Argentina to win it for me. I know i said they would win it last time round, but they look alot more solid this time around with the addition of players like Riquelme, Heinze and Mascherano.
Sun 12/06/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
dont forget greece. they are a good score and defend team. Czechs are on my list. Iran, well they are above germany but wont make it past the group stages.
Sun 12/06/05 at 11:14
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> Lampard play inconsistently for England, one on one off. Neither belt
> in nearly as many goals as they do in the Premiership, mainly because
> they don't try as many.

Lampard this seasoon:
- 13 in 38 in Premiership
- 6 in 13 for England
Sun 12/06/05 at 10:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
down wrote:
> I THINK ENGLAND WILL WIN BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE
> ELSE.

The sad thing is, this is true to a degree.

Cole is arguably the best left back in Europe. Campbell, Ferdinand and Terry are arguably the best centre-backs in the world. Gerrard and Lampard are arguably the best central midfielders in the world. Rooney is arguably the best teenager in the world.

That's our core and that's immense.

The only problem I have, is that we don't have a Ronaldinho or a Rivaldo-of-old, who had the this is the moment mentality. Gerrard and Lampard play inconsistently for England, one on one off. Neither belt in nearly as many goals as they do in the Premiership, mainly because they don't try as many. Our strikers too don't seem to be able to score magical goals, except for Rooney. And even he doesn't do it for England as much as he does it for Man U. However I feel he is an exception, because he looked as if he could before the injury in the Euro, and he's grown even more since then too.

All-in-all we should be competing for the win, but somehow we just won't be. Hell, we've even beaten the Argies and Portuguese before in a big tournament, shame the ref didn't think so though.
Sun 12/06/05 at 03:20
Your predictions are always as far off as could possibly be
This shant be any different

you suck
Sun 12/06/05 at 01:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The most current world rankings i can find online, you would presume the winner would come from this list. Usually when it's played in Europe the winner is from Europe and for that reason i'm going for Italy, it will have been 24 years since they last won anything and theyre due. As for the rest Spain and Portugal will underperform as always, the Czech Rep wont show up as normal, France will go in the group stages, England will lose to the winners due to a cockup or penalties, Netherlands will go out in a goalfest with the winners, the euro champions wont qualify, Germany will play crap, get to the final and then kill it and Ireland (if they qualify) will get completely outplayed, somehow manage a draw in normal time and then get done over somehow that makes them feel they were robbed(Hey, they're not that different from us afterall).
By the way Germany at equal 19th behind Iran, keep going boys.

1 Brazil
2 Czech Republic
3 Argentina
4 France
5 Netherlands
6 England
7 Mexico
8 Spain
9 Portugal
10 Italy
10 USA
12 Greece
13 Sweden
14 Turkey
15 Republic of Ireland
16 Uruguay
17 Japan
18 Iran
19 Denmark
19 Germany
Sun 12/06/05 at 01:31
Regular
sg_nl90 wrote:
> Also ckeck the build of a rugby player.
> food supplies aint great in some countries.

sorry, that made laugh out loud!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.