GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new PSTWO... should I get it ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 17:43
Regular
"..."
I already have the regular PS2 (The 30000scph model) , and I had a disc read error 3 times ever since I bouhjt it in 2002, but now it's working fine, so do I need the new one ? Size doesn't concern me. If getting it would mean not having disc read errors anymore,and fixing the DVD compatibility problem, then I should, but does anyone have any idea aboput that ? Did Sony announce anything about fixing disc read errors , or the DVD compatibility ?
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:16
Regular
"Balls"
Also with the disc you can play back up games, but i won't be using it for that as i have no idea of where to get them from, and i won't trust them as they might skip and be quite crappy.
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:09
Regular
"Balls"
Well FFF gave me a site which has a freeloader type disc on it.

The problem is that on the old one you had to pull the tray out, which to say the least is unhealthy for the console. So they also gave you the choice to have a new flip top lid on the old console so you only had to open the top which is perfectly fine.

The disc is £15, then after that you have just gotta import the games.
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:06
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Morbo wrote:
> No the load times are the same.
>
> You didn't offend me, I just wanted to say why do I care if some foo
> thinks im strange by trading in a old console for a new one.
>
> But I can see why many people wouldn't want to do it. But for me it
> works out cheaper than changing the case and buying a network
> adaptor.

are there ways to do imports for that new console cos I am dying for my baseball games.
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Balls"
No the load times are the same.

You didn't offend me, I just wanted to say why do I care if some foo thinks im strange by trading in a old console for a new one.

But I can see why many people wouldn't want to do it. But for me it works out cheaper than changing the case and buying a network adaptor.
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:55
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Morbo wrote:
> Who would be watching?
>
> why do I care what others think?
>
>
> It will look like I have brought a PS2, and once I changed it, it
> will look like I have brought a PS2, unless someone is outside the
> whole time. But why do I care what one loney little person thinks, I
> have a reason for buying it. Will they have a good reason for
> standing outside the whole time?

I was insiuating the GAME staff sorry if I offended you mate. I was just justifying my own reasoning not to get one replacing my perfectly working old style ps2.

Out of interest are load times any better?
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Balls"
Who would be watching?

why do I care what others think?

It will look like I have brought a PS2, and once I changed it, it will look like I have brought a PS2, unless someone is outside the whole time. But why do I care what one loney little person thinks, I have a reason for buying it. Will they have a good reason for standing outside the whole time?
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
won't you look like a pleb walking in with a old style ps2 and coming out with a new style one?
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:02
Regular
"Balls"
I'm getting one as I'm gonna import and you need a flip top for it, so it saves me changing my PS2's whole case. Also it saves me buying a network adaptor, and I won't have to listen its horrid noise.

I think that more than justifys getting one.

Even if your just getting one so you can have a quite room is justified enough to get one.
Tue 09/11/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Monster kill!"
If you have an origional ps2, and its working perfectly, then its just a waist of money buying it.
Well, thats what I think, it doesnt have a lot of room inside of it, so it will most likely overheat and break. :(
Tue 09/11/04 at 23:35
"High polygon count"
C Col wrote:
> Football and wrestling.

That's the ones!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.