GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Boom* *crash* *bang* *pow* *pow* *pow*!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 12:42
Regular
"8==="
Went into town to get Area 51 for some lighthearted meaningless blasting on Live.

Decided instead on:

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (meaningless blasting)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (has to be fun)
RalliSport Challenge 2 (Dodgems!)
Flat Out (Hopefully crash-tastic)
Crash 'n' Burn (Also hopefully crash-tastic)

Hopefully non of these are dead on Live or I'll try and change them for NHL Rivals which I wasa also thinking of getting.

Not to bad for 50 quid of Live titles. Just hope there's still a fair few playing...
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:09
Regular
"8==="
29% through, spent quite a while online as the community is pretty decent (14 player games are fairly common).

Been invited to join a sort of make-shift clan but I have to unlock the best car first. Good thing is that doing that's fun because I enjoy the destruction and it takes a lot of skill to avoid all the fires, car shells and oil that ends up on the track during a race. The game completely destroys "the racing line" which is great because that's what makes your average racer so freaking dull.
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I've been wanting a Destruction Derby style game and Flatout turned out to be complete lame cack. Maybe I'll give Crash N Burn a shot - so you might see me online with it soon Hedfix. ;-)

We can return to our chav slapping ways over Live. :-) Thing is I wanna get Conker and Destroy All Humans, so I'll have to find some way to get it without using the funds I have for those games.

You should contact the developers of Crash N Burn and demand money off them - you seem to be running a much better advertising campaign than their marketing department. ;-)
Mon 13/06/05 at 02:26
Regular
"8==="
Little bit further.

Spent most of my time online racing with friends. We played Assassination (each side has a king - first side to destroy the other's king wins) against AI opponents to get my level up so I could get the Sports Car for the online tournament races that they hold each week.

Then we went onto play some Kamikaze races, I have to agree with them that these sort of races never get old. Whe nthe oncoming traffic is also controlled by players it really adds something!

Been ranking up with some good lap times too.
Tue 14/06/05 at 16:50
Regular
"8==="
Reached the maximum experience level online in about 4 days, still have plenty to unlock (50-60% of decals etc) and a few upgrades to gain yet. Almost completely kitted-out to race the top people online (have been doing so anyway).

Only completed about 40% of the offline game, plenty of challenge left in it.

Will enter the weekly tournaments now.

Also started MK yesterday, it's ok but I'd be miffed if I'd paid 35 quid for it. 10 quid is definately the right figure, even if it is online.
Tue 14/06/05 at 18:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Picked up Crash n Burn today. ;-) Haven't played it yet cause I've been on San Andreas. But no doubt I'll try it later. ;-)
Tue 14/06/05 at 19:05
Regular
"8==="
Cool, send us an invite when you're on.

I'll race you in the early cars, I prefer them anyway because everyone usually uses the best ones but the early ones are more interesting to drive in my opinion.
Tue 14/06/05 at 19:31
Regular
"^_^"
Anybody fancy a game of pro evo on the old Live?
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:54
"possibly impossible"
hm. Could trade Project Rub (DS) for this...
Thu 16/06/05 at 01:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I've started on Crash n Burn. Its ok, but I hate that Detroit track - especially number 2. No matter what I do I seem to lose the race and upgrading doesn't seem to make any difference. If I don't brake, I hit the wall and the cars pass me. If I DO brake, then the cars pass me cause they don't seem to have to brake into the corners.

Mainly upgraded the pickup because that compact isn't too great. Tried taking the games advice on varying the vehicle choice for different races, but it doesn't help on that Detroit race. Plus, is it me or does the cpu seem to have a lot of luck when it hits you. 9 times out of 10 when I'm hit, I end up doing a 180 so I'm left facing the wrong way, thus putting the race out of my reach.

Love the kamikaze race though. :-)
Thu 16/06/05 at 06:10
Regular
"8==="
It's tough to start with but like most racers you want to get to the front of the start-line crush and then it's usually easy from there aslong as you avoid the wrecks etc.

The more you upgrade the easier it becomes. If you could win easily in non-upgraded cars it would make upgrading them pretty pointless. Place in the top 8 and you get cash and experience.

If it get's too frustrating then take it online, you won't be called a nOOb for having early cars infact if you steer well you may win simply because all the faster cars have wrecked themselves (it happens quite a bit).

Also in all against all Kamikaze it doesn't matter what car you have really, same goes for Assassination and a few other modes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.