GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Boom* *crash* *bang* *pow* *pow* *pow*!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 12:42
Regular
"8==="
Went into town to get Area 51 for some lighthearted meaningless blasting on Live.

Decided instead on:

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (meaningless blasting)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (has to be fun)
RalliSport Challenge 2 (Dodgems!)
Flat Out (Hopefully crash-tastic)
Crash 'n' Burn (Also hopefully crash-tastic)

Hopefully non of these are dead on Live or I'll try and change them for NHL Rivals which I wasa also thinking of getting.

Not to bad for 50 quid of Live titles. Just hope there's still a fair few playing...
Thu 09/06/05 at 12:42
Regular
"8==="
Went into town to get Area 51 for some lighthearted meaningless blasting on Live.

Decided instead on:

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (meaningless blasting)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (has to be fun)
RalliSport Challenge 2 (Dodgems!)
Flat Out (Hopefully crash-tastic)
Crash 'n' Burn (Also hopefully crash-tastic)

Hopefully non of these are dead on Live or I'll try and change them for NHL Rivals which I wasa also thinking of getting.

Not to bad for 50 quid of Live titles. Just hope there's still a fair few playing...
Thu 09/06/05 at 12:49
Regular
Where did you get all of those for 50 quid?
Thu 09/06/05 at 12:58
Regular
"8==="
Shame Elation. ;)
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:05
Regular
It's a terrible thing :-)
Thu 09/06/05 at 16:29
Regular
I have Goldeneye - the LIVE was dying when I got it so it should be smelling and full of maggots now.

It a shame really, Goldeneye on LIVE could have been a great thing but the characters don't look right and it generally just sucks, apart from the traps and stuff they are good fun.
Thu 09/06/05 at 18:21
Regular
"8==="
Damn, well some american on my friend list was playing it about a week ago... unless it was just 'live aware'...

Anyway I've only managed to play Crash 'n' Burn so far and I've played it for almost 3 and a half hours non-stop since I started. It's not a Burnout clone at all (like many idiotic reviews suggest). It has 16 cars in races which are destructible and many of these races have the paths overlap each otherso you get side collisions and people can get eliminated through vehicular damage.

Now what game does this remind me of? Oh yeah Destruction Derby!

Excellent fun, was playing it on live against computer opponents and then the community started to come alive (at about 9am - american time) soon we had half a team of us going up against a team of computers in a mode called Kamikaze Team Race.

Both teams drive round the course heading head-on into the other team, points are scored for being the getting your teams cars round a lap faster than the other team. Oh and of course there's all the head-on collisions and wipeouts which are really good fun.

Oil goes on fire, cars skid, cars explode, other cars explode - 6 cars meet head-on in a tunnel and explode. Don't get me wrong though - these cars can take some serious punishment before they finally detonate and crashes don't go 'slo-mo' (like Burnout) this is all-out crazy action from start to finish!

Now the ranking... Well the only thing that's ranked is lap times BUT as you play the game (online and off) you get experience points which you can use to 'level-up' your car and make it better. You also earn money (online and off) for doing well in races and this goes on minor, non-fiddly, upgrades for your car(s) some cosmetic and others upgrading the power of the vehicle.

The music is really rather good, I haven't found a track irritating yet (one sounds like PWEI which is really odd).

This really has turned out to be a little hidden gem, it's the sort of game I'd make if I had the chance to make a fun racer. Decent customisation without getting really sad, PLENTY of destruction and fast crazy gameplay.

Fantastic.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:46
"possibly impossible"
hm. Might try to pick up Crash N Burn cheap then. Sure i saw it somewhere...
Fri 10/06/05 at 17:56
Regular
"8==="
Just had another 2 and a half hour session on it. Finally unlocked a new car but it is hard to win over a set of three races (like the later stages of Burnout 2 - except with destruction derby gameplay).

Slowly climbing up the best lap rankings.

The destruction, the experience progression and the odd bit of vehicular modding are great.

20% through the game now, 29% of modding parts purchased but only 10% of events completed though. No complex fiddling required.
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:35
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No offence, but Goldeneye:RA is so unbelievably lame.
Rallisport and Mortal Kombat both rule though. ;p
Sat 11/06/05 at 05:22
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, I just fancied some online blasting to keep me going until BHD and RS4 and 30 quid for Area 51 really didn't seem a fair price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.