GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Boom* *crash* *bang* *pow* *pow* *pow*!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 12:42
Regular
"8==="
Went into town to get Area 51 for some lighthearted meaningless blasting on Live.

Decided instead on:

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (meaningless blasting)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (has to be fun)
RalliSport Challenge 2 (Dodgems!)
Flat Out (Hopefully crash-tastic)
Crash 'n' Burn (Also hopefully crash-tastic)

Hopefully non of these are dead on Live or I'll try and change them for NHL Rivals which I wasa also thinking of getting.

Not to bad for 50 quid of Live titles. Just hope there's still a fair few playing...
Mon 25/07/05 at 21:30
Regular
"8==="
Haven't touched the new games I got yesterday yet, played Rallisport 2 for ages. I'm half-way through the professional career and I'm finally getting some decent competition from the AI so I can t-bone them oput of my way on the corners. :)

Finished Rogue Agent today pretty damn hard considering I had it on easy, later on some of your enemies get guns that fire 3 shots before relaoding and each one of those little blue floating shots can kill oyu instantly if it hits you - EVIL! Still kicked the game's ass mind you. Some decent weapons in there, hopefully better games will steal them.
Sat 23/07/05 at 10:12
Regular
"8==="
Played some more Rogue Agent this morning. Sometimes the aI is really rather good and I'm surprised how much of a challenge it is just on easy difficulty.

I'm about 2/3rd's through now, I think, which shows what a short game it is as I've only played it twice so far.

Definitely great fun for 10 quid. :)
Tue 19/07/05 at 07:03
Regular
"8==="
Played a load of RalliSport 2 today to unlock more tracks for online, won a few online races easily before getting kicked off by a miffed host.

Really good fun blasting round a snow track at night listening to Lost Prophets.

Started Rogue Agent today. It reminds me of Red Faction 2 except it's more polished. I like the explosive bullet gun where the first shot plants the explosive bullet and the second press of the trigger detonates it, also the poison gun is fun. Beat downs are ok as are the multiple ways to get Rogue points. Compared to AUF and Nightfire the level design and graphics are much better. I took the auto-aim off at the start because any auto-aim would definately ruin the experience.

Certainly better than AUF and Nightfire. I started it on easy and it's a slight challenge (I have died quite a few times). For £10 I would recommend it to those who enjoyed Red Faction 2.

(Walked around an online level and it seemed rubbish though)
Sun 17/07/05 at 05:45
Regular
"8==="
Flat Out is out now in the States and so it has a lot more die-hard players.

In other news the UK beat the US kamikaze team 10 - 0 in a glorious whitewash. :)
Tue 05/07/05 at 12:49
Regular
"8==="
7 days or so until Flat Out is released in America.
Sun 03/07/05 at 11:30
Regular
"8==="
The UK lot beat the US lot 6-4 in a Kamikaze tournament last night.

We were 3-1 down at the start then we pulled it back to 3 all and carried on from there.
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:35
"possibly impossible"
True. When it gets really hectic on track in Crash N Burn it can make for a teeth clenching race, especially driving full speed through all that smoke and fire. Will try to play online at some point.

First I need to get through the GP races in first place...
Sun 26/06/05 at 23:33
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, I find that Flat Out is a little spacious for it's own good though. 8 players racing round huge tracks without fences makes for a lack of collisions and more of a standard race.

Crash 'N' Burn has 16 players no matter what (with bots filling any spaces) on small, fully-walled tracks taking 25-50 seconds to do a lap. This makes for a far more exciting race in my opinion - although I do enjoy Flat Out aswell - it's just a more leisurely destructive racer compared to Crash 'N' Burn shouting "NOW NOW NOW!" in your ear every 3 seconds. :D
Sun 26/06/05 at 23:24
"possibly impossible"
Crash and Burn is good fun, but it does seem a little shallow. Flatout has the different tracks and over the top obstacles.

I think they both do a good job, although the first is probably the most accessible...
Fri 24/06/05 at 23:38
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://www.theleagueofextraordinarypricks.co.uk/[/URL]

XD

Now let's see, other games...

Played some Flat Out - pretty good fun getting the faster cars. Don't like playing it after playing C 'N' B though because it looks like it's had vaseline smeared all-over it (it REALLY fuzzy if you've just played a crisper game). Enjoyed the early stunt modes, should be good when the americans get it in about 2 weeks time, over here it's quite dead at the moment. Although the likelyhood of anyone being on it when I've fired it up in the small hours of the morning isn't very likely so there might be people out there on it.

MK: Got into it a bit more, still need to do the adventure mode, unlocking things is a mixed bag but that was the intention. Stuck it on the easiest mode because I suck at it and can't be bothered to learn combo's beyond 3 or 4 button presses.

Rallisport - Went back on a day or so ago, was fun but I kept getting the 'can't set a record as you don't have car/track' crap which is a pain as I'd rather just have the whole online thing unlocked or at least have it be able to be unlocked by playing online. Solitary Rallisport play is not the reason I repurchased it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.