GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Live Music Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 21:51
Regular
There's so many people in here who like so many bands, I'm sure between us we've been to many many concerts. I'm just getting into live music, but it really excites me, and I was basically thinking we should have one thread to discuss all forms of live music.
A few discussion starters to get you going:
- Most memorable gig experience? Band or song or moment?
- Worst gig experience?
- Gigs going to in the near future?
- Gigs you'd love to go to but missed out on?
- A little shortlist of the gigs you've been to?
- Craziest gig experience?
- Favourite venue?

You don't have to stick to these questions, any point you have is welcomed.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Couple of weeks ago me and 3 mates went to Hull KC to see the legend that is Neil Diamond. Dont laugh or snigger. The 4 of us joining 14,000 pensioners to see the genius live gave us one of our best gigs ever, for many reasons, the main one being Neil!

Other than that, only got one more planned for this year, and thats Oasis at the City Stadium on June 30th.

Cant wait.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yeah, I saw Biffy play Leeds Festival a few years back and I didn't think they were very good live.. But I get the chance to see them again this weekend at Download, so I'll be back to tell you what I think of them then... :)
Wed 08/06/05 at 22:44
It's a shame Biffy are god awful then
Wed 08/06/05 at 22:43
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Asher wrote:
> - Most memorable gig experience? Band or song or moment?

This caught my eye.

When I went to see Biffy Clyro in Brighton, and they played "Convex, Concave" note for note, nothing else in the world mattered.

By far the greatest live song I've ever been the witness of. It was increbible.
Wed 08/06/05 at 22:03
Regular
Basement Jaxx are the Sunday headliners now. I'd love to go just for the experience and a lot of the smaller artists I like are performing on various stages. Did you ever see Jurassic 5 at Reading/Leeds?
Wed 08/06/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Glastonbury '99, the last good year for bands as far as I'm concerned. Hadn't been before, and I haven't been since, but here's what I remember:

Manic Street Preachers
Super Furry Animals
Skunk Anansie
Fun Loving Criminals
Ash
Gay Dad
Chemical Brothers
Fatboy Slim
Orbital
Al Green!

Had an excellent time, even though I didn't exactly push the boat out, but I'm not paying that much money again for the crap they have there now.
Wed 08/06/05 at 21:51
Regular
There's so many people in here who like so many bands, I'm sure between us we've been to many many concerts. I'm just getting into live music, but it really excites me, and I was basically thinking we should have one thread to discuss all forms of live music.
A few discussion starters to get you going:
- Most memorable gig experience? Band or song or moment?
- Worst gig experience?
- Gigs going to in the near future?
- Gigs you'd love to go to but missed out on?
- A little shortlist of the gigs you've been to?
- Craziest gig experience?
- Favourite venue?

You don't have to stick to these questions, any point you have is welcomed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.