GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to do."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 21:10
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I'm preparing to leave my room at Uni, and as usual I come accross a load of junk. Some of it I'm not ready to throw away yet (like Uni work) and some bits just make me wonder why I don't sign up to e-bay and make some money.

Then there are the bits from my ex boyfriend. Things such as letters, cards and photos's. Just the usual lovey dovey 'I'm going to love you all my life' kinda crap. I just don't know what to do with it. I'm quite a sentimental person so I do keep letters from friends and little things that remind me of days out and private jokes.

I know I should throw it away, I just think it's so harsh and disrespectful if I move in with EB and still keep old love letters and photos but I just can't do it. It's not the fact I'm still in love with my ex, but it's still my memories. Does that make sense? I know I'll throw it away eventually.

What have you all done with stuff like this from an ex? Did you throw it away as soon as the line 'it's not you, It's me' was said, or are you still hanging onto it 5 years down the line?
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Its stupid to pretend that other relationships didn't happen and I think it is healthy to keep memories.

However, try not to mention an ex every day in such a positive light like one of mine did... dumped her fast enough... stupid bint.
Thu 09/06/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
How can you have an honest relationship (on your oilrig), if you're not going to discuss the past? My girlfriend knows of all my various attempts at getting some action before she fell for my dubious charms, and I know about her history. Doesn't change a thing.

It's like lying on a job application form: "I'm well motivated, enjoy learning and working as a team, and have a 14-inch dong". Sooner or later your partner will find out your lies (except about the 14-incher, that's true in my case, schnarf schnarf).
Thu 09/06/05 at 09:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I've still got old photos and suchlike of the former Mrs Light. It's not disrespectful to the current one; it's a period of my life. I had a lot of good times and have a lot of happy memories of her. Before she went mental anyway...

I'd keep 'em if I were you.
Thu 09/06/05 at 08:55
Regular
Just throw it away.

If there's anything from that relationship worth remembering, you won't forget it and cards etc. ain't gonna help you remember.

I don't keep memorabilia from past relationships. If I have forgotten someone, they weren't worth remembering anyway.
Thu 09/06/05 at 00:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Well, you obviously didn't know it was there until you were clearing
> everything out ... so you can't want it that bad.

I knew it was there..but I just haven't needed to worry about it until now.
Wed 08/06/05 at 23:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
"Flames dance and lick the cards, but I can't see through all the facades."

Now, I'll stop, FFF.

But admit it. That is genius.
Wed 08/06/05 at 23:23
"period drama"
I save time and chuck it all away before we've even broken up.

"Did you see my birthday card!?"
"Yeah, through the flames."
Wed 08/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Selected"
flush it all down the can
Wed 08/06/05 at 23:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I do the same with them all.

Chuck everything and keep the letter I worte, text I sent, email, etc. I used to end it. That way I always remember the reason it stopped and don't think fancifully like you are now.
Wed 08/06/05 at 23:14
"period drama"
Well, you obviously didn't know it was there until you were clearing everything out ... so you can't want it that bad. Why not store it somewhere else - say, a bin - and forget all about it again?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.