GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animals of Farthing Wood"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/06/05 at 16:46
Regular
"For One Night Only"
This subject came up at work a couple of nights ago. We had a great discussion about who our favourite characters were, how series three was crap, what bits we thought were quite sad. For a kid's show, it had a pretty high death toll.

Anyway, your thoughts on this blast from the past?
Wed 08/06/05 at 20:35
Regular
"lets go back"
I was talking about it in the pub the other night. In our drunken state we couldnt fully remember it, but came to the unanimous decision that they had to cross a road in every episode of series one.

Toad was my favourite.
Wed 08/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Farthing Wood has nothing on Redwall though. My word, that was some heavy, heavy viewing for a Sunday morning. If you haven't seen it, it's a bit like Robin Hood, crossed with King Arthur - with rabbits, rats, and evil crows and ravens. They had characters dying all over the place - mainly stabbed in battle. Even the main character's love interest got killed in the final episode. The most disturbing thing ever though was the time a rabbit got hung by the enemy. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Wed 08/06/05 at 19:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Odd, was having a conversation about this the other day...

Never really liked it but was always on when I got home from school, death I always remember is where the birds got the mice and there was a shot of them all stuck on the branches of some bush with blood dripping out. Horrific for an 8 year old. And where they were crossing the road and some of them got run over...
Wed 08/06/05 at 19:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I remember the first one, they were destroying the wood and they had to move, some fox led them.

Some mice fell on jagged bushes... bit dramatic for a kids show.
Wed 08/06/05 at 18:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Why'd they take all the nasty animals with them, by the by?
> Like the adder ... who was just mean.

Don't you remember the Animals of Farthing Wood Oath?!!
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:10
Regular
"0228"
And everyone thought badger was dead but really he was just un somebody's house pretending to be a dog.
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:07
"period drama"
monkey_man wrote:
>And the hedgehogs got
> run over on a road.

Ahaha, I remember that.
They spent about 3 episodes crossing the road, and about 5 of them died horribly.

Why'd they take all the nasty animals with them, by the by?
Like the adder ... who was just mean.
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Of course, all this is predated by the planet Thundera exploding, causing an entire race of Thundercats to flee into space and get picked off one-by-one by evil...things. And Optimus Prime biting the big one courtesy of Megatron and Starscream.
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Didn't Kestral die? And I remember Weasel being annoying but it never died.

I see what you mean though, lots of animals died.
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Light of the world"
AWESOME

Though I didnt like the bit where the kestrel would get some poor little mouse and it would leave like burn marks on his iddy widdy back...

Or when the rabbits got run over

- or when they built a motorway through there home and they had to migrate

- Or when a tractor made mousy mush

.. thinking about it

IT WAS SICK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.