GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Predictions are useless..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 23:22
Regular
I have played console games from an early age, with the years of playing comes the knowledge of gaming (I hope), many consoles have past and moved on, many have died and entered the ever increasing console graveyard, but from what I can remember there are plenty of unpredictable tales in the time I have been around.

There is not much point going into the examples as for this market and industry these are endless, but I feel I have a point when I say predictions are useless.

Unless you have been inside a time machine or are indeed the Highlander you really can't predict what is going to happen for the consoles and companies for the next few years, I would have laughed and joked if someone said five years ago Sega would be working with Nintendo, I would have cryed three years ago if someone had said the Dreamcast would officially die a few months ago...

..this kind of news people can't predict, and so why do we see many people making predictions in the forum for saying 'which console will win' etc....

Well the majority of the time this is down to their favorite hardware company, and although I would say Nintendo is mine, I wouldn't make pointless predictions, as maybe in two years time the Gamecube will taking the short walk into the graveyard, maybe it will be the Playstation 2? Nobody knows.

Anyone can make a prediction, half the time there is no point, the future of gaming will most probably be full of more twists and turns then an episode of your daily soap but whatever you do, don't rule out anyone or anything...

Thanks
er-no
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:53
Regular
MJswerve wrote:
> In my view Sega fans are the least biased of all I dont know why but
> that is just what I think. They will see the light and get Game
> Cubes.

Sega fans are least biased because Sega arnt making the dreamcast or any other console.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:49
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Hey Meka_Dragon oh great Notable take somre time to read some of my other posts before critisizing what I have said.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:41
Regular
Hi there meka!
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:40
Regular
"not dead"
Yet again it generates into petty banter about who will win.

Quite ironic given the nature of er-no's post.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:32
Regular
In my view Sega fans are the least biased of all I dont know why but that is just what I think. They will see the light and get Game Cubes.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:30
Regular
i cant see many of the Sony owners gettin a Gamecube. Hopefully most of the Sega fans will get a Gamecube.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:16
Regular
Look ssxpro what forum was I biased in and I am not anti sony. I hate the PS1 maybe but the PS2 is quite good. I just think that the Ps2 will not be able to compete with the new 128 bit consoles.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:10
Regular
MJswerve wrote:
> Quickly. In my view the game cube will rise up and sit nicely
> between the Xbox and the PS2. See I am not that biased I am a
> Nintendoid and yet I still think that the X-box will dominate the
> console market

It might be a sandwich the other way up. I believe you are trying not to sound like a total Nintendo fan, but at the same time it is clear you are anti-sony. Putting Sony third is just a way for you to get at them.

"I am not that biased". I seem to remember another topic you were in though, so I don`t believe you.
Fri 01/06/01 at 09:07
Regular
Your right the Game Cube could do a "dreamcast" and lose the ghost straight away....well not straight away but shall I say Quickly. In my view the game cube will rise up and sit nicely between the Xbox and the PS2. See I am not that biased I am a Nintendoid and yet I still think that the X-box will dominate the console market with masses of PC owners seeing the light and getting into the console market. Mind you this will only happen if they can get some huge software companies behind them. Peter Molyneaux(how do you spell hi name?) is going to be a massive cornerstone of the x-box's domination.
Fri 01/06/01 at 00:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-no "Bwahahhahhaha!"

five minutes later:

er-no "......hahahhahahahahhahah cough cough..haa (struggling) ha haaaaa"

'collapses onto floor, starved of air he is annouced dead.'

staff member: "its ok, he is dead now!'

Head staff member: " phhhewww."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.