GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Predictions are useless..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 23:22
Regular
I have played console games from an early age, with the years of playing comes the knowledge of gaming (I hope), many consoles have past and moved on, many have died and entered the ever increasing console graveyard, but from what I can remember there are plenty of unpredictable tales in the time I have been around.

There is not much point going into the examples as for this market and industry these are endless, but I feel I have a point when I say predictions are useless.

Unless you have been inside a time machine or are indeed the Highlander you really can't predict what is going to happen for the consoles and companies for the next few years, I would have laughed and joked if someone said five years ago Sega would be working with Nintendo, I would have cryed three years ago if someone had said the Dreamcast would officially die a few months ago...

..this kind of news people can't predict, and so why do we see many people making predictions in the forum for saying 'which console will win' etc....

Well the majority of the time this is down to their favorite hardware company, and although I would say Nintendo is mine, I wouldn't make pointless predictions, as maybe in two years time the Gamecube will taking the short walk into the graveyard, maybe it will be the Playstation 2? Nobody knows.

Anyone can make a prediction, half the time there is no point, the future of gaming will most probably be full of more twists and turns then an episode of your daily soap but whatever you do, don't rule out anyone or anything...

Thanks
er-no
Fri 01/06/01 at 12:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Yet again it generates into petty banter about who will
> win.

Quite ironic given the nature of er-no's post.

Yeah flipping heck guys, I said predictions were bad and I come back to read peoples predictions and whatnots!

:Plol
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:57
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Waheey postno. 100 just gotta do it 2 more times to become a regular.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:57
Regular
I might have to take some time out from posting then and go and read them. Hey this is post no. 99 for me. Pityfull compared to your 2000 something posts.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:55
Regular
"not dead"
MJswerve wrote:
> Hey Meka_dragon what games have you reviewed as i would like to read
> some of your work.

To be quite honest I don't remember all of them.

I know that I've reviewed Donkey Kong 64 and Mario Party 2 though!
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:54
Regular
I personally have only done a Majoras Mask one.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:54
Regular
Hey Meka_dragon what games have you reviewed as i would like to read some of your work.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:42
Regular
"not dead"
MJswerve wrote:
> Hey Meka_Dragon oh great Notable take somre time to read some of my
> other posts before critisizing what I have said.

Wha...?

This wasn't directed at you in particular, it was a general comment on the way this thread turned out.

My comments in the other thread regarding sequels and the like were not aimed at you.

It's my opinion. Don't take it personally if it clashes with your own
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:39
Regular
You have a point there. Have you noticed that my word count is nearly up to a regular status. Need to make some more posts though.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:08
Regular
Well even the saturn was a huge flop and its failure cant really be argued.
Fri 01/06/01 at 10:05
Regular
Batistuta wrote:

Sega fans are least
> biased because Sega arnt making the dreamcast or any other console.

I used to think this even before the Dreamcast settled into its early grave. Its mainly because I never found them arguing that their console is better than anyone elses.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.