GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Coldplay, Foo Fighters and Whitestripes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 16:01
Regular
A good day for big names, with new albums by the three title bands all being released. I think I can probably afford just one, I'm turn between Coldplay and Foos. Anyone got any of them? Any opinions? Any of them turned out fantastic or dire?
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:07
Regular
It would be funny if you were funny, Hedfix.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:02
Regular
"8==="
Yep Fear Factory do infact rule.

The Foo's are so-so apart from the album with 'Learn to Fly' on which is all good apart from the awful first track.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:00
Regular
I heard a track called The Last Song of the new FF album that I really liked. I'm more interested in this as Whitestripes have never been my thing and I have two Coldplay albums already, whereas I have no Foos albums.
Wed 08/06/05 at 11:56
Regular
Oh, and Amazon.com have previews of the tracks.
Wed 08/06/05 at 11:47
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> The Foos is a double CD I believe. One heavy rock, the other
> acoustic, so that might be good value for money if your on a budget.

Just have to say, 'heavy rock' doesn't actually mean heavy rock. The only actually heavy Motorhead-esque tracks were cut anyway.

Get the Foos either way, just don't expect TCATS/FF good. Although the acoustic disc is almost there.
Tue 07/06/05 at 21:50
Regular
"8==="
Geffdof wrote:
> The new Audioslave album isn't that good. Their debut was better, and
> they are nothing on RATM.

Ageing rockers getting crap?

Never happens. ;)
Tue 07/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
"lets go back"
There was only one I particularly liked and that sounded like cochies, so its probably the one you just named. Its not a bad album as such. Its a bit of generic rock music that could be used as some filler between listens of classic albums.

Edit:- Oh, actually I liked be yourself too. But most of the songs are just average.
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Gotta Splat 'em all"
they have that spark it seems in the first few traks...just like the first album i guess though...and your time has come does sound suspiciosly like cochise lol...
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Geffdof wrote:
> The new Audioslave album isn't that good. Their debut was better, and
> they are nothing on RATM.

The debut got really boring really fast. I'm keeping well away from this. They just seem to be missing that spark...
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:13
Regular
"lets go back"
Some of the riffs are ok, its the singing I dont like. Rage had a much better singer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.