GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeview."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 19:16
Regular
Has anyone got freeview? I was just wondering because i want a box for my bedroom and i want to know if its any good.
Mon 06/06/05 at 10:26
"Was the man of marz"
or†ega wrote:
> yeah freeview is good, but these cheap boxes can be erratic at times.
>
>
> just random stuff like turning themselves off on certain channels.
> got a couple cheap ones and they've both done this. Sometimes it
> turns itself off for a second and then comes back on another channel!
> Only does this about once a week though.

I've got a cheap MATSUI. Haven't had any problems with it apart from the fact it hasn't got any buttons on the box: so ifyou louse the remote your screwed.
Mon 06/06/05 at 09:25
Regular
I'd certainly recommend Sky over Freeview.

With cheaper boxes, you're shooting yourself in the foot. I went through three different types in a week because they were so crap. I eventually got a Philips (I think it was Philips) one and that was great for what it did. The choice of channels sucks though, consoled only by the recent introduction of E4 - great for all new Smallville and Scrubs :D .

But yeah, if your Parents have Sky, you'd be much better off going for Multiroom, or even TV Link - although with that option, you can only watch whatever channel the receiver downstairs is watching. You can change the channel, but if someone downstairs is watchign something, you'll get into a channel fight pretty sharpish.
Mon 06/06/05 at 09:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Mozzy wrote:
> I have thats Sky MultiRoom thing. I practically live in my room now, I
> have the PC, the laptop, the Sky and the PS2 all in my room.

Are you a bit spoilt? In my day all I had was a 'speak and spell' and a window :o(
Mon 06/06/05 at 09:12
Regular
"long time"
Mozzy wrote:
> I have thats Sky MultiRoom thing. I practically live in my room now, I
> have the PC, the laptop, the Sky and the PS2 all in my room.
>
> Now all I need is a mini fridge...

Iv`e got one for sale :)
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Mozzy"
I have thats Sky MultiRoom thing. I practically live in my room now, I have the PC, the laptop, the Sky and the PS2 all in my room.

Now all I need is a mini fridge...
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Chr1s wrote:
> Get Sky, or if you've already got it then get another box for
> £99 or whatever it is. The extra cost is most definitely worth
> it if you intend to get a lot of use out of it.

Just make sure you keep both boxes connected to the phone line at all times so i don't have to listen to your bleating face.
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:08
Regular
"~DPG~"
Pig-King wrote:
> Has anyone got freeview? I was just wondering because i want a box for
> my bedroom and i want to know if its any good.

It's brilliant. Television X...Sin Cities on channel 20...Enjoy!
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've got a Sony TV with it built-in - had to get a new aerial and signal booster before it was any good. It serves a purpose: being able to watch other channels when recording Sky but it suffers from interference when a two-stroke engine goes past (e.g. 'whiny' motorbikes like small scramblers).
Sun 05/06/05 at 19:57
Regular
I can live with that.
Sun 05/06/05 at 19:56
Regular
yeah freeview is good, but these cheap boxes can be erratic at times.

just random stuff like turning themselves off on certain channels. got a couple cheap ones and they've both done this. Sometimes it turns itself off for a second and then comes back on another channel! Only does this about once a week though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.