GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeview."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 19:16
Regular
Has anyone got freeview? I was just wondering because i want a box for my bedroom and i want to know if its any good.
Wed 08/06/05 at 13:05
Regular
"The way it is"
AB1000 wrote:
> Willowjoe wrote:
> i still cant get freeview and i am totally gutted coz i dont want
> sky
> and all that coz it costs too much. my town (Sevenoaks) doesnt get
> it
> for some reason!? does anyone have a reason?? this site says i can
> get
> it (www.uswitch.com) and this site says i cant!?
> (www.freeview.co.uk)
>
> will i ever be able to get it????
>
> The official Freeview site will only say you can receive the service
> if your area is covered by all channels. There are 6 multiplexes
> broadcasting 4-8 channels each (each multiplex has its own UHF
> channel number), and due to limitations in the spectrum, some
> multiplexes are transmitted at a greatly reduced power so as not to
> interfere with current analogue signals.
>
> Enter your postcode into http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html
> to see what (if any) channels are available where you live.

cheers for this. i can get some but most importantly i cant get sports news!!! my god, time to get the dish out.
Tue 07/06/05 at 01:38
Regular
"Somebody stop me"
Well from my view, i guess its totally useless! I receive a few extra channels but yet no bollywood/hindi type available for free... ok, for most people its not a big problem, but yet again, its not really worth it...But on the other hand, it all depends on you.

If you have sky digital already, then i guess theres no big deal, as you have soo many hundreds of channels to view already and those channels will keep you busy throughout the entire day anyway.

Research more and find advantages/disadvantages on Freeview before deciding to purchasing it. All the best!
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:57
Regular
Willowjoe wrote:
> i still cant get freeview and i am totally gutted coz i dont want sky
> and all that coz it costs too much. my town (Sevenoaks) doesnt get it
> for some reason!? does anyone have a reason?? this site says i can get
> it (www.uswitch.com) and this site says i cant!? (www.freeview.co.uk)
>
> will i ever be able to get it????

The official Freeview site will only say you can receive the service if your area is covered by all channels. There are 6 multiplexes broadcasting 4-8 channels each (each multiplex has its own UHF channel number), and due to limitations in the spectrum, some multiplexes are transmitted at a greatly reduced power so as not to interfere with current analogue signals.

Enter your postcode into http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html to see what (if any) channels are available where you live.
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:26
Regular
"~DPG~"
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:

> cartoon network new channel's

Need to pay for that, about £7 per month.
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
I got cable tv including -

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV 1
CH4N
CH5N
Sky One
Sky Movies 2
TVE Internacional
BBC 24 & Parlament

I just wonder why my freeview box doesn't receive any channel's
I know it has new channels men & motors and i think cn - cartoon network new channel's
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Lawrence wrote:
> Are you a bit spoilt? In my day all I had was a 'speak and spell' and a window

You were lucky - the only entertainment I had was watching the rats.
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:02
Regular
"The way it is"
i still cant get freeview and i am totally gutted coz i dont want sky and all that coz it costs too much. my town (Sevenoaks) doesnt get it for some reason!? does anyone have a reason?? this site says i can get it (www.uswitch.com) and this site says i cant!? (www.freeview.co.uk)

will i ever be able to get it????
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:40
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I Got a JVC Scart splitter..and they are rubbish..really effects picture quality (or at least both I tried did) I found it is better to get a Freeview box with a with a scart in at the back and just run your xbox/gamecube through it..works much better on mine...I got a Hitachi box from argos for £45..but there is a one at Aldi, that despite being a less famous brand has all the features (interactive etc) for £30-35!

As for freeview its self..not that great..but it does give you digital picture quality which was good for me as the analogue reception was sketchy!!
Hope this has been of some use!
Mon 06/06/05 at 14:05
"Was the man of marz"
Chr1s wrote:
> Probably the same one I've got. They're crap.

The DTR2? It's ok. Does what it needs to. Good remote sensor so you don't have to point in the direction ofthe box and has the audio out which you usually only get on oneswhich cost way over £40.
Mon 06/06/05 at 11:07
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Marzman wrote:
> I've got a cheap MATSUI. Haven't had any problems with it apart from
> the fact it hasn't got any buttons on the box: so ifyou louse the
> remote your screwed.

Probably the same one I've got. They're crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.