GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the best console out at present and what is going to be the best next generation console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 18:57
Regular
Playstation is not as good as N64. No way. I hate the playstation and i'm not just saying that because I own an N64 because I also own a Dreamcast and N64 is a lot better than that as well (dreamcast is still better than playstation though). In my opinion N64 is the best console out at the moment and although a lot of the games are kiddy they are still great games (mario, banjo-kazzoie/tooie for example). There are loads of non kiddy games as well though like goldeneye, perfect dark and shadowman. Although I say that N64 is the best console out at present I have never played a PS2 although to be honest I don't think it looks that great and again, I'm not just saying that. I do think it will become a great console in the future with class games such as Metal Gear Solid 2 and Gran Turismo 3 coming out but there really aren't enough games out at the moment to make it the best console and for 300 quid it's also too expensive. Anyway by the time MGS2 and GT3 are out the Gamecube will probably be out as well and and no matter how much people say PS2 will be better, I say - NO CHANCE!!! Just wait for Perfect Dark Zero, Wave Race:Blue Storm, Metroid, and Rogue Squadron 2. You may say that they are just sequels to old games but so are MGS 2 and GT3. Anyway they are sequels to already great games. However, I have one doubt about PD Zero and that is that I have no idea how you improve on PERFECTion. Hold on a minute, I thought that about Goldeneye and then Perfect Dark came out. Oh well , I know I can trust rare to come up with something absolutely amazing. Just think of online play with PD Zero.
Anyway, having a dreamcast as well I can also say that it is nowhere near as good as N64. It isn't bad. There are SOME really great games but there just isn't enough of them. Soul Calibur, Shenmue and MSR are the best but i've played all of those to death (with the exception of soul calibur because that just never gets boring). None of the games last as long as the great N64 games (again with the exception of soul calibur).

On the topic of next generation consoles I think that X-Box will just be a PC hooked up to a TV so I'm not going to be getting that. However, having said that, the PC does have some really great games but again, having said that, I already have a PC so why would I want another. In my opinion though it will still sell by the millions because it is made by microsoft, the definition of quality. The PS2 will also sell brilliantly (and already has) but only because of the success of the original playstation. I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. Then we come to gamecube, the JESUS of them all. I don't think it will sell the most though. In fact I probably think both PS2 and X-Box will outsell it because whenever anybody thinks of Nintendo they immediately think of kiddies games. This is a shame because I think Nintendo and Rare (who only develop for nintendo machines) provide the best and most enjoyable video games around. I know which console I'm getting. I can't wait.

At the moment however I am stuck with Dreamcast. I can't wait for Shenmue 2. Crazy Taxi 2 and Ecco the dolphin 2 will also be pretty good but these games (with the exception of Shenmue 2) will only be diversions to keep me happy while I await the greatness of Perfect Dark Zero and Rogue Squadron 2.
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
ISAAC: They say this teacher VOTTA is a fat bald monk
WOMEN: Shut your mouth
ISAAC: I'm just talkin' about VOTTA
WOMEN: Oh that's okay then
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What??????
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:48
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
sing this in the SHAFT tune

ISAAC:He's a complicated man and no one understands him cause he's so fat.
WOMEN:And he's bald.
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Does anybody know who VOTTA is.
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Turbonutter, you sad sad man!

Why? I was just arguing.
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:38
Regular
Why? Perhaps it is you who has the problem, simply because you accused somebody else of having it.
Sat 02/06/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Turbonutter, you sad sad man!
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:17
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
My favourite game to have a change with is playing House of the Dead 2 on my brothers Dreamcast. Sometimes he forces me to use the pad though and this takes half the fun away. I demand a gun game on the GameCube. Does the Dreamcast controller give anyone else handache. It also gives me a headache when I play certain games.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:13
Regular
I often found that with my PSone. It was always nice to have a change, and mess around on Perfect Dark or Episode One Racer.

However, I have to say, the game on N64 I enjoyed the most is Mario Party 2. It was a little childish, but with four people, it was quite a lot of fun.
Fri 01/06/01 at 20:12
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Your right. To be honest after my latest go on my mates Ps2 I am slowly begginning to enjoy playing on it. Ssx, Fifa 2001, Silent Scope and Crazy Taxi are all top titles and I would spend my time playing them any day. To ne honest it is a nice change from playing on my N64.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.