GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Dringo wrote:
> When I first met him he said that it was likely I'd go to prison. He
> didn't know me, the full circumstances of the case.

Is it common for people to take cases without knowing the full circumstances of the case?
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:28
Regular
When I first met him he said that it was likely I'd go to prison. He didn't know me, the full circumstances of the case. Prepared me for the worst.

Since then there has been good hope for a community punishment.

Thank God.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Dringo wrote:
> I find out on thursday. The judge saw who to blame as immaterial.

Didn't you post earlier in this thread that your lawdude said Prison is a very strong possibility? From A stretch inside to a light fine and community service.

He's not very good is he?

Unless, your were embellishing.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:11
Regular
I find out on thursday. The judge saw who to blame as immaterial.
Sun 25/09/05 at 13:18
Regular
Good work Dringo.

You probably got off well on the issue - but surely Neal should of been given a heavier sentence then just an extra £500 then you?

It seems like injustice.

What community service have you been allocated anyway?
Sun 25/09/05 at 01:46
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Your ordeal is over now, you can shut up and let the thread sink.
>
> What an anti-climax.

It was only an anti-climax cause i rushed the ending :D.

Seriously the suspense in court was tense, me and neal sitting in the waiting room was horrible, the look on neal's face when my barrister read out a character statement delivered to me by neal's best friend was priceless.

I could say a lot by chose not too.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

No wait, no it wasn't.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Over 1600 replies in 3 1/2 months. It's generated quite a bit of interest.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your ordeal is over now, you can shut up and let the thread sink.

What an anti-climax.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:42
Regular
I think 10 years for custodial and 5 years non. But I can't be sure.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.