GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I going down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 20:16
Regular
Some may remember a tale I told about a barn.

This barn, after a bit of idiocy from my close friend neal. Got burnt to the ground. In brief, my friend was working in a barn. Stacking a selection of broken chip and pin machines. It was a cold day in January and so he decided to start a fire to keep warm. Using my lighter my friend recklessly started a fire on a stack of boxes and then later, upon request, in a bin, away from danger. As the situation wore on my friend moved the bin nearer to him, which I questioned, the fire flicked from the metal bin and hit a stack of boxes. To cut a long story short, the barn burnt to the ground.

1 month later he is arrested, he tells his arresting officer that it was I that started the fire. So I was arrested. I told the truth, as stated above. 4 months down the line we are both charged with Arson.

I appear in court next week.

I am, as some will known, a Cambridge university student, with a small desire to be a teacher. This offense could see my dreams dashed and my prospects ruined. I have no idea what the minimum sentence is (be it imprisonment or community service), nor do I know EXACTLY what I did wrong.

At the moment my "close friend" still insists it was I that was responsible for the fire.

Help???
Page:
Thu 29/09/05 at 17:35
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It depends what you're in the news for.
Thu 29/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's done??
Thu 29/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
Dringo wrote:
ne of £2500.
>
> That ends that. As soon as the news reaches the net i'll post a link
> but then this whole sorry affair can come to an end.
>
> At last.
What makes you think it's worth being in the news?
Thu 29/09/05 at 02:55
Regular
Aww, I missed the ending while I was netless.

Well done on fooling them all Dringo.

To think, they gave over half your fine to an imaginary leprechaun. Now that's the luck of the Irish.

I still think prison (for a little while) wouldn't have been so bad. Even if you didn't get to play cards with the lads.

Time to sleep now.

The final song-based pish-take:

Dringo fought the law, and the Dring won.

Someone else can write it. Or not.

Seriously though, I'm glad it wasn't so bad for you in the end.
Tue 27/09/05 at 08:03
Regular
Alrighty. Any news from the university?
Mon 26/09/05 at 17:04
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Topic... must... die!
Mon 26/09/05 at 08:22
Regular
Well done Dringo, as said below, its better than it could have been. Also, I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but will the university contribute towards court fees or the punishment received or anything like that? Somebody I shared a house with for a year was taken to court (for accidentally trying to use the wrong train ticket, an out of date, used ticket). He was fined a large amount, but the university paid a substantial amount. It may depend on background and the circumstances of the case, plus I imagine this is something you've already discussed or investigated, but if you haven't, its worth a look.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:27
I see you're still trying to add life to the topic.
Sun 25/09/05 at 16:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:
> I find out on thursday. The judge saw who to blame as immaterial.

I'll never underdstand how Judge's minds work!
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:44
Regular
He had briefy read it and made a quick comment and left me. After that I wanted to ditch him. But he came good in the end.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.