GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick law type question..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 18:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Right, so I'm at my mate's last night. My phone goes AWOL during general drunken antics, which is to be expected, really. I searched for it for an hour this morning before finally giving up and going home.

Now it's apparent that this fat scottish nobfase that was at the party has taken it. He's shown it to his mates and stuff, so... yeah.

It's a contract phone in my mum's name so i'm just wondering what the police could do if they actually found him with the phone, and what proof I'd need to show it was mine.

I'm thinking that there's no way I'm getting it back by 'legal' means and that it's going to have to be sorted out in a street style manner. My mum might have some proof that it was ours, yeah, but only by the IMEI number which I don't think she took down and stuff, and the police wouldn't commit men to such a trivial matter as a phone, would they?

So yeah, any possibilities?

And yes, I knwo it's a crap forum to be asking, but Life and Stuff scares me.
Fri 03/06/05 at 23:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Yusssssssssssssssss

Got my phone back, sim in tow. Mates just dropped it off. I fecking love them.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:52
Regular
Take the phone to the police station, tell them that it got knicked and vandalised and that you want a crime number.

Should be covered by your contract's insurance then.
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:34
Regular
the whole story, maybe leave out that you were drunk
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
My mates have got my phone and are on their way around to mine as I type.

But the nobfase threw the simcard away. And got my phone unlocked, which I think is a breech of the Terms and Conditions

So what'd be the best way to deal with this - should I tell them that I lost/damaged my simcard and ride my luck with the terms and conditions or should I tell 3 the whole, proper story?
Fri 03/06/05 at 22:12
Regular
if you have proof it is yours, get the police involved, they can go round his house, with the proof, search, get the phone, he will get a "slap on the wrist" and it will be on his criminal record for 5 years. you MAY get your phone back,
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:40
Regular
Make love to his mother.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ahahaha, it's all sounding good for me now.

The guy who he told is a bit... well, he's mental. He knocked my step-brother out for calling his brother 'gay' as a joke. Which was funny. Anyway, he's with my mate on my side, and he's shouting at this fat scottish bloke.

And it's definitely my phone that he's got, so I don't need to IMEI number to trump him. One of the facias of the phone is missing, which was gutting at the time but... yeah. Well the phone the scottish nobfase has got is missing the same side. Sweet.

So yeah, my mate's going to phone me with an update soon. Looking forward to it. Well, as long as the scot hasn't devoured it or some shiz.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:33
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
mattributé wrote:
> I KNEW I should've made friends with people who weren't dweebs.

/people who weren't imaginary
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:30
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
mattributé wrote:
> Sad fact is that he may have passed it on in exchange for something
> that he can't be incriminated for - well, that'd be the smart thing
> to do. But he's a bit dense, so let's hope he hasn't got a criminal
> mastermind underneath that dumb facade.

Or a knowledge of these forums.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:23
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I KNEW I should've made friends with people who weren't dweebs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.