GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"!WARNING! GAD CHOOSERS LOOK HERE URGENTLY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 14:51
Regular
This message is aimed at the Gameaday choosing people, as I have been doing some research - well happened to find out that the 'member' 'Simpo' has been copying reviews from another source - I say this because I submitted my Daytona USA review this morning (about 1am) and noticed that the day before (30th of May) Simpo had posted an excellent review of Daytona USA. 'Hang on' I thought, 'hadn't I seen this before?' And indeeed I had. It's on another reviews site, a really superb review of the game, that could have won gameaday today, however I asked the reviewer on the other site and he tells me that he has not posted his review anywhere else and thus there is a copier on the site, so please do not select that review for GAD. I have evidence to support my truths also.

hank you for your time. I truly believe that Dan (M16)'s post about PS2 not being as good as the GameCube is teh best contribution of yesterday, but then I do not select the winners. Just letting you know of my discovery. If you need to see the evidence as you may feel that review is worth GAD, then please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]
Thu 31/05/01 at 19:59
Well spotted, thanks for that.
His review hasn't won, and I've passed on this information about him to the others involved with GAD and FAD.
Thu 31/05/01 at 19:06
Note: satire. The reviews were rubbish.
Thu 31/05/01 at 19:05
Yep course they do - really long and detailed, and that really makes it alright doesn't it.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:58
Regular
Edge Master wrote:
> Sniper copied not so good reviews though.

He got it from IGN. IGN do better reviews than any of the ones submitted to this site.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:52
Well, the original person for this review has not a clue about this site, and thus shouldn't win the game, should ut be chosen - as it doesn't seem Tony, nor any staff member is here today! However. You are exactly right. Disgusting.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Copying reviews is a total disgrace. Anyone who does it should be ashamed. Just think it's the same as stealing if you did win one then the game or film is not rightly yours it is the original author's so your are stealing the game/film that they deserve.

People who copy you know who you are and you will get caught so DONT DO IT!
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:39
thank*
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Edge Master wrote:
> This message is aimed at the Gameaday choosing people, as I have
> been doing some research - well happened to find out that the
> 'member' 'Simpo' has been copying reviews from another source - I
> say this because I submitted my Daytona USA review this morning
> (about 1am) and noticed that the day before (30th of May) Simpo had
> posted an excellent review of Daytona USA. 'Hang on' I thought,
> 'hadn't I seen this before?' And indeeed I had. It's on another
> reviews site, a really superb review of the game, that could have
> won gameaday today, however I asked the reviewer on the other site
> and he tells me that he has not posted his review anywhere else and
> thus there is a copier on the site, so please do not select that
> review for GAD. I have evidence to support my truths also.

hank
> you for your time. I truly believe that Dan (M16)'s post about PS2
> not being as good as the GameCube is teh best contribution of
> yesterday, but then I do not select the winners. Just letting you
> know of my discovery. If you need to see the evidence as you may
> feel that review is worth GAD, then please do not hesitate to email
> me at [email protected]

Well Done Dan!
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
No he we mean DareDevilDash is kazzoie.
Thu 31/05/01 at 18:15
DareDevilDash wrote:
> Whitch web site did you find this web site?

Lovely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.