GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"!WARNING! GAD CHOOSERS LOOK HERE URGENTLY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 14:51
Regular
This message is aimed at the Gameaday choosing people, as I have been doing some research - well happened to find out that the 'member' 'Simpo' has been copying reviews from another source - I say this because I submitted my Daytona USA review this morning (about 1am) and noticed that the day before (30th of May) Simpo had posted an excellent review of Daytona USA. 'Hang on' I thought, 'hadn't I seen this before?' And indeeed I had. It's on another reviews site, a really superb review of the game, that could have won gameaday today, however I asked the reviewer on the other site and he tells me that he has not posted his review anywhere else and thus there is a copier on the site, so please do not select that review for GAD. I have evidence to support my truths also.

hank you for your time. I truly believe that Dan (M16)'s post about PS2 not being as good as the GameCube is teh best contribution of yesterday, but then I do not select the winners. Just letting you know of my discovery. If you need to see the evidence as you may feel that review is worth GAD, then please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]
Thu 31/05/01 at 14:51
This message is aimed at the Gameaday choosing people, as I have been doing some research - well happened to find out that the 'member' 'Simpo' has been copying reviews from another source - I say this because I submitted my Daytona USA review this morning (about 1am) and noticed that the day before (30th of May) Simpo had posted an excellent review of Daytona USA. 'Hang on' I thought, 'hadn't I seen this before?' And indeeed I had. It's on another reviews site, a really superb review of the game, that could have won gameaday today, however I asked the reviewer on the other site and he tells me that he has not posted his review anywhere else and thus there is a copier on the site, so please do not select that review for GAD. I have evidence to support my truths also.

hank you for your time. I truly believe that Dan (M16)'s post about PS2 not being as good as the GameCube is teh best contribution of yesterday, but then I do not select the winners. Just letting you know of my discovery. If you need to see the evidence as you may feel that review is worth GAD, then please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:08
Right.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Congrats on finding this out Edge Master!

Imagine if he had won, think he would have felt guilty?! I know I would...
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Hmmmm.....this has always been a problem and no doubt people will continue to cheat to get a game. What most Newbies don't realise is that winning a Game isn't everything and I think most people on here of the status Notable and Regular would rather forget the game and stay in the community rather than copy a post get a game and be rebuked by all the SR members....

Cheating really isn't worth it...but hey....there are much better reviews that have been posted today and I seriously doubt that one will win!

Game
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:13
Well, it was a good review and I felt it had a chance of winning which would have been unfair! So there you go, it was a good review.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:35
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Big up the edge master. You really sorted out that cheat. All of you write your own reveiws and dont copy other sites. That is how it should be done and I respect you for mentioning the dodgy goings on to win a game.
Thu 31/05/01 at 16:04
Nice find dan!
Thu 31/05/01 at 16:23
Well, if Simpo had won, it would have been a grave injustice.
Thu 31/05/01 at 16:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Remember Sniper cheated?

Remember snipe? well? Huh? Huh?
Thu 31/05/01 at 16:54
Sniper copied not so good reviews though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.