GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7 on PS3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/05/05 at 12:17
Regular
"lol"
I think i have seen the most truely stunning, gorgeous bit of Final Fantasy i've ever seen in my life. The fantastic ''Technical Demo'' is mind-blowing...The graphics are out of this world...

It starts off exactly the same as the old one, were Aries is in Midgar and if zooms out, to show the Mako reactor and the whole of Midgar...Then the Final Fantasy VII logo pops up. It zooms into the railway and shows cloud jumping off the train onto the platform...It cuts off before Barret and Avalanche would have came into the scene.

If that is next-gen graphics and gameplay, count me in. I really am glad i live in this century..Seeing the best video games evolve into the most gorgeous things on the planet.

Most people on this forum know i love Final Fantasy, and that's why i posted this message in the 'General Chat'. Just so more people can get an idea of what the Final Fantasy VII remake will be like. Thanks for reading, i hope this will inspire some of you to go and download the Trailer and enjoy it as much as i have.

Having just found out more about this news, i was told this:

'The 'Technical Demo' does not mean that a Remake of Final Fantasy VII will be made for the PS3'

I don't know what to make of this, but Square-Enix might not want us to think it's coming out, and then they will surprise us and bring it out for all the Final Fantasy fans. Thats what i hope...Maybe, it really was just a bit of eye candy, and to show what type of graphics the PS3 can produce...
Tue 31/05/05 at 17:26
Regular
"~DPG~"
Although this topic is about Final Fantasy 7, i have just had news about some trailers for Final Fantasy 8 on the PS2...I have downloaded them and they look quite nice, not as good as you'd expect...but i'm sure the PS3 would correct that.

I feel Sqaure-Enix are getting ready to release ALL Final Fantasy games on the PS3, or something like that. Not too sure if Sony are allowed them all... with copyright and stuff, but thinking of Final Fantasy: Anthology, im sure it's possible.

With all these 'trailers' i think Square-Enix know FFX and FFX-2 weren't half as good as FF7,8,9 and so they are going to recreate them, with new graphics. Sounds absolutely great to me, but it's a shame that Square cannot seem to make another masterpiece like previous Final Fantasy games.

With Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus (A video game sequel to Final Fantasy 7) looking ugly and very odd compared to FF7, is there even a bit of hope left? FF: Dirge Of Cerberus is a shoot em up RPG, so to me, that has nothing to do with FF7 from the start and i will not be wasting my cash buying such a game.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children is around the corner, and that tells me that Square-Enix are looking back, to games they have done in the past, maybe to make some more money on what they know will sell.

I can't see how FF:DOC and FF:AC will go together...Seems odd to have a sequel as a movie and a game...But, i'll have to just wait and see what happens.
Tue 31/05/05 at 17:14
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
And the plot would make no sense, and in parts where you have to choose your character and they appear...

My head hurts.
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:45
Regular
"~DPG~"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i actually bothered to get aeris to level 4 limit break before she
> died on this game.
> i can't help but feel cheated :)

thats unlucky i feel sorry for you there! I've heard of an Xploder cheat system that lets you rivive Aeris...Might wreck yuor game, so don't try it..but...
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i actually bothered to get aeris to level 4 limit break before she died on this game.
i can't help but feel cheated :)
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:09
Regular
Also if you use Odin summon on most things on the beach he does his one hit kill summon.
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:04
"period drama"
Very_Metal wrote:
> .. although i'm still just wandering the map and fighting so i can
> get everyone to lvl 99 before end of game :D

Hmm ...
I think the best place to level up in on the beach of the island where cloud gets washed up in the Life Stream. (yeah, haven't played for ages) You fight these big sand-worm things which are weak and give up plenty exp.
Tue 31/05/05 at 15:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> If you go through the guide you're an utter fool. None of the extra
> stuff would be there if there was no way to get through it naturally
> without help. Also Gold Chocobo's are easy to breed if you just
> listen to that forgetful guy.

fair enough to an extent, but a lot of the extra thngs aren't needed to complete the game.
i played through it the first time and just went in a linear fashion until the end of the game, simply because i didn't know about a lot of the extra things like taking the bahumut summons to the huge materia and getting the extra one, etc. The guides are a good way of helping people like me (who aren't really into rpg's and miss a lot of things that are obvious to people more familiar with the genre) do all the extra stuff.

.. although i'm still just wandering the map and fighting so i can get everyone to lvl 99 before end of game :D
Tue 31/05/05 at 13:39
Regular
"~DPG~"
There...
Tue 31/05/05 at 13:35
Regular
"~DPG~"
Thank god for this people! It's me Xzibit, but i've found my password for my old account...I was gamer2005, SnoopDogg,Xzibit...so sorry for all that, im now this account and will be from now on...Thanks.
Tue 31/05/05 at 13:30
Regular
"lol"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> He still owned completely. Though best thing i nthe game was Fat
> Chocobo.

That summon? How did you get him? Sometimes it did a choboco running at enemy to damage them...or a fat choboco would fall out of the sky lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.