GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I just say........"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/05/05 at 17:46
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
That I do miss Rare! I'm not harping on about them jumping ship, I just wanted to make known my appreciation for the great games they gave us!

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Goldeneye
Blast Corps
Diddy Kong Racing
Perfect Dark
Mickeys Speedway USA (not so sure)
Jet Force Gemini
Starfox Adventures (some may disagree with this one).

Just looking down that list makes me tingle and it brings back so many memories of the fantastic times i've had over the past few years playing those great games. The days spent completing Banjo are great memories!

Anyone else in a 'Rare' reminiscing mood?
Thu 26/05/05 at 01:06
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> What I miss is the RARE character. Under Nintendo they were a second
> party, they had a style and british wit all to themselves,
>

Under Nintendo, Rare made SFA.

This is what you had to say about SFA:

"Endulged in some hand to hand combat
Shot things from a staff
Raced in futuristic bike thing
rode a mamoth
Flew Arwing

But all of the above were done in the most pathetically easy way and are crap. Each "variation" is bo!!ocks."

Hmmmmm.
Thu 26/05/05 at 00:02
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I'm sure if I looked I could find numerous posts where you've
> contradicted yourself about Rare.

I'll bet good money you won't.

On hundreds of occasions I've argued with those that insist RARE have lost it. I've also said that the X-box would be mine when Conker is released. Although it is now likely I'll just wait for the X-box 360 and get Perfect Dark 0 as well.

What I miss is the RARE character. Under Nintendo they were a second party, they had a style and british wit all to themselves, without any influence from the mighty N. Whilst under Microsoft they behave like a microsoft company. Some of the old RARE is still there, it just seems a bit too polished and sophisticated.

I'm sure some old N64 lovers know what I mean.

But yes RARE are great, I hope Nintendo turn Retro into a worthy replacement.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:58
Regular
"8==="
I'm sure if I looked I could find numerous posts where you've contradicted yourself about Rare.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:55
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> This is obvious. So put the petty fanboy jealousy away and await the
> proper games that are coming soon.

You can sod right off with that comment, I am, as far as I'm concerned, one of the only Nintendo fans on this forum that has stuck by the fact that losing RARE was the worst thing ever.

Just Bungie have more character at the moment.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:54
Regular
Not just the games, the scribes guy, their press releases, their website, all the GBA and X-box games.

Everything lacks the Rare magic I used to feel. Even the sodding re-releases of the DKC games lack it!
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:48
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> They're not as great as they once were, there games lack the character
> of the N64 ones. Although I'm sure they're quality.

Based on two games?

One that jumped consoles after Nintendo abruptly stopped N64 games and another which was more of a Blast Corps-like experiment/ Killer Instinct retro-fest?

It's quite obvious that Rare have almost skipped a console generation in preparation for the next one.

We all know games now take years to make, and it's easier to make them when you know what platform they're finally coming out on.

This is obvious. So put the petty fanboy jealousy away and await the proper games that are coming soon.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:43
Regular
They're not as great as they once were, there games lack the character of the N64 ones. Although I'm sure they're quality.

I love to see Retro become a new RARE.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:19
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Banjo & Kazooie and Goldeneye..

in my top 5.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:17
Regular
It had a better single player but I don't think I played the multiplayer as much as Mario Kart.
Wed 25/05/05 at 23:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Diddy Kong Racing was good.

But its terrible attempt at Battle Mode made Mario Kart much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.