GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I just say........"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/05/05 at 17:46
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
That I do miss Rare! I'm not harping on about them jumping ship, I just wanted to make known my appreciation for the great games they gave us!

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Goldeneye
Blast Corps
Diddy Kong Racing
Perfect Dark
Mickeys Speedway USA (not so sure)
Jet Force Gemini
Starfox Adventures (some may disagree with this one).

Just looking down that list makes me tingle and it brings back so many memories of the fantastic times i've had over the past few years playing those great games. The days spent completing Banjo are great memories!

Anyone else in a 'Rare' reminiscing mood?
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:39
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Bah, you just mentioned 3 of my most hated RARE titles.
>
> Dringo, please dont tell me you hated Diddy Kong Racing?

Was alright, didn't think much of it.
Thu 26/05/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Dringo, please dont tell me you hated Diddy Kong Racing?

I hated DKR... Only good thing about it was that it spawned (in a roundabout way) Conker and Banjo...

It was like a horribly poor attempt to rip-off Mario Kart. It failed miserably in my book. I didn't hate it that much, but didn't find the multiplayer fun at all, and the single player tried to add some depth with collecting coins and having 'boss' races and whatnot, which didn't do it for me to be honest. When racing I don't want to have to worry about whether I picked up every silver coin, I want to get ahead of the opposition...
Thu 26/05/05 at 17:18
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Bah, you just mentioned 3 of my most hated RARE titles.

Dringo, please dont tell me you hated Diddy Kong Racing?
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"0228"
DK64 was good because they were finally back, performing for you, and if you knew the words you could join in too. And then you'd put your hands together if you wanted to clap, as you were taken through the monkey rap.

Huh.
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Donkey Kong 64 was quite awful. The level design was attrocious, and there were too many characters and they were all hateful.
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:41
Regular
Bah, you just mentioned 3 of my most hated RARE titles.
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Swish"
Yeah I liked most of those games like Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, and Starfox Adventures. You can still get them, sometimes at Gamestop or may have to rent. But anyway they were some fun games and I too miss playing them.
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:16
Regular
I also had a voting section for "favourite character", "most amusing character" etc... Gregg won most of them :).

Not to mention a dictionary to the Tediz and Uga language. And a mini RPG called "Gregg's revenge"... and a few other cheesy little games.

I hate cats!
Thu 26/05/05 at 16:06
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Thats a shame!

Would've liked that me thinks!
Thu 26/05/05 at 15:54
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:
> Oh and Dringo, what is your CBFD website and is it still up and
> running?

It used to be www.conkula.com, i had fake interviews with people in the game (the one with Gregg was hilarious) and even had a mini-wrestling federation featuring Conker characters which had 100 members. Hilarious wrestling tales began with Gregg and Conker in frying pan/scythe matches.

The website closed down. Writing the CWF matches took so long but I still get bugged on MSN by americans on whether I'll bring it back when the new conker game comes out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.