GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Darkness_2K: "Games Shop Sim""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/05/01 at 00:09
Regular
What is this? The link refers to the WLT, so it is duff. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT BEAT MY STORY!

Oh, and anyone who feels (er-no) that I am getting stressed about GAD is I want, ney, NEED Crazy Taxi! And I've only got until 1st June until it comes out.
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What is this? The link refers to the WLT, so it is duff. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT BEAT MY STORY!

Oh, and anyone who feels (er-no) that I am getting stressed about GAD is I want, ney, NEED Crazy Taxi! And I've only got until 1st June until it comes out.
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:31
Here's an idea(if slightly obvious): If you dont win a GAD in time for crazy taxi, you could shell out the cash for it this time, and with your next GAD get MGS2, GT3, DMC, Red Faction, RLH or any other essential PS2 purchase you desperately want
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) I don't have any money.

b) Other people win GAD for the stupidest things. I put a lot of time and effort into those stories. I just want to know what beat it.

Loads of the regulars have won GAD, but I haven't yet. I feel left out.
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:43
That $uck$! I suppose you'll just have to keep on trying.

PS.The story was cool, though. Better luck next time!
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hey, get over to the WLT for chat.
Wed 30/05/01 at 01:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
turbonutter wrote:
> Hey, get over to the WLT for chat.

One thing that will make sure you dont get a GAD is complaining about it.
We've said it before and we'll say it again, just post because you want to.
And if you win, hurrah! If not, just post to start discussions, share your viewpoints etc and just relaaaaax.

One thing makes me laugh though, since Tony mentioned the DVD and music section had less posters in, it's exploded.

I'm guessing because people think it's easier to win something there.
It ain't. Posts are still random as to what wins.
I've won a couple of times in 2 weeks, all without any thought.
But, the more of you that post in there to win, the harder it gets.

Simple math really.

GAD and FAD are enticements to post, not the reason.
The winner is chosen by a couple of people each day, and it's what appeals to them, not how long a post is or the subject.
It's whatever makes them laugh/think etc.

Sorry, but all this bleating about not winning something like it's a privilege or something really is starting to grate now.
And yes, I can say this because I have won recently.
However, I will continue to post long after they stop these little comps each day because I enjoy the exchange of information.

I hang in DVDs and Music because I love those far more than games, and I know all about movies.
This isn't an idle boast, this is fact.

So come on over to that forum and play with us.
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I do post for fun, and I do write stories for fun. Have you seen my post count, it's about 1000 and I've only been really around for 3 weeks.

OK, I'll stop complaining, bt I still would like to know what "Games Shop Sim" is. Maybe Ali can shine a light?
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:30
Regular
Look back several pages in the Longest thread. Its down there somewhere.
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:36
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
> I do post for fun, and I do write stories for fun. Have you seen my
> post count, it's about 1000 and I've only been really around for 3
> weeks.

3 weeks huh? How come on your stats it says you've been around for 419 days?
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I registered once to write a review.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.