GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone bought a PStwo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 20:19
"High polygon count"
Hi all,

I bought a new PStwo yesterday, and am having some minor issues with the display.

I've had an original PS2 since its UK launch, and have a true, fully-wired RGB cable which I bought from GAME.

With my 'old' PS2, the cable gives a crystal clear, pin-sharp picture on my Sony WEGA TV. But when I connect the cable to the new machine, there's a 'ghost' outline (like a badly-tuned TV) around everything on screen - like you get if you connect the PS2 using the supplied composite cable.

All the settings are the same, so I don't know why this is happening. It's usable, but very annoying when you're used to a perfect picture!

Have Sony disabled true RGB output on the new machine, or is there another explanation?
Thu 04/11/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Touched!"
I've got one Wookiee and mine seems fine, I'd recommend taking it back for a replacement. Have you tried it on another TV?
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> So that's why I wish people would only post in a thread if they have
> something relevant or informative to say.

You'll need to find a whole new site for that Wookie :-D
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:51
"High polygon count"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Why Nintendo needs to be brought into this I don't know.

Let's explain it for you, then.

I ask a question regarding the PStwo console.

You respond with a post which has no relevance to the question, and mention Sony releasing a new console to "con people", as if they're the only company to do so.

I mention the GBA:SP to indicate that Sony are neither alone, nor the first to do this. (Which, with hindsight, was a stupid thing to do.)

Cyclone then mentions that people "whine at Nintendo, but not at Sony" and the foundation for another slanging match is laid.

> but I simply fail to see the relevance of that fact to this topic.

Exactly the point I was making about your original post. Regardless of whether Sony are conning people or not, it had no relevance or bearing on the issue of the thread. If I'd asked "Are Sony conning people with the PStwo?", then fair enough.

Consequently, out of a thread of 22 posts, there are only TWO which have any relevance to my original question. Not only is this a waste of space, but anyone with a similar problem then has to trawl through all this nonsense to find any relevant or useful information. Of which there is none.

So that's why I wish people would only post in a thread if they have something relevant or informative to say.
Thu 04/11/04 at 19:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
AJ, I think your smart enough to see was Wookiee was saying. He was just replying to your snipe, or whatever you want to call it at Sony about 'conning' people.

I dont think you need telling why GBA SP was mentioned, and i dont see why most threads on SR turn into childlike banter.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The thing is, though, why?

I never mentioned Nintendo in my original post. This is a topic about a Sony-related product, and I gave my opinion on Sony and their marketing tactics. Why Nintendo needs to be brought into this I don't know.

I agree that the number of similar consoles Nintendo have released is just another way of milking money from the public, and it works for them as well, but I simply fail to see the relevance of that fact to this topic.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think he's referring to Ninty releasing stuff like *the GBA SP with brand new tribal design* or *the GBA SP, now in pink for girls*

comparing it to Sony releasing pretty much the same console 3 times, although to be fair with the PSTWO there are a few extras to seperate it from the original. The fact it's tiny and has a built in network adapter for example whereas Ninty just slap some different coloured paint on the GBA and try to flog it again
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Can you say "GBA SP"?

Indeed I can. It would probably be quite worrying if I couldn't at this stage in my life.

Relevance, please?
Thu 04/11/04 at 16:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
balls.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:48
Regular
damn dirty sony always getting away with it!
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
All I'm saying is people get at Nintendo for releasing a lot of GBA types or whatever, and yet Sony can't seem to do much wrong. Just what I've observed.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss about Sony Vs Nintendo. I'm not 13 anymore. I was simply stating a thing I've noticed. I'm not interested either (surprised?) in which people want to play, it's up to them. I was simply stating that from what I've seen on here and elsewhere, Nintendo get's attacked for stuff, while Sony most of the time, gets away with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.