GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone bought a PStwo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 20:19
"High polygon count"
Hi all,

I bought a new PStwo yesterday, and am having some minor issues with the display.

I've had an original PS2 since its UK launch, and have a true, fully-wired RGB cable which I bought from GAME.

With my 'old' PS2, the cable gives a crystal clear, pin-sharp picture on my Sony WEGA TV. But when I connect the cable to the new machine, there's a 'ghost' outline (like a badly-tuned TV) around everything on screen - like you get if you connect the PS2 using the supplied composite cable.

All the settings are the same, so I don't know why this is happening. It's usable, but very annoying when you're used to a perfect picture!

Have Sony disabled true RGB output on the new machine, or is there another explanation?
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:19
"High polygon count"
Hi all,

I bought a new PStwo yesterday, and am having some minor issues with the display.

I've had an original PS2 since its UK launch, and have a true, fully-wired RGB cable which I bought from GAME.

With my 'old' PS2, the cable gives a crystal clear, pin-sharp picture on my Sony WEGA TV. But when I connect the cable to the new machine, there's a 'ghost' outline (like a badly-tuned TV) around everything on screen - like you get if you connect the PS2 using the supplied composite cable.

All the settings are the same, so I don't know why this is happening. It's usable, but very annoying when you're used to a perfect picture!

Have Sony disabled true RGB output on the new machine, or is there another explanation?
Wed 03/11/04 at 22:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It has to be said, Sony really do know how to con people. I mean, releasing pretty much the same console three times now? Ahaha.

Well done to them, though, I suppose. It's generating huge profits.
Thu 04/11/04 at 01:45
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea profits that will hopefully be used for the official playstation 3, that's if I get it.
Thu 04/11/04 at 09:43
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was thinking about getting one but wasn't too sure if i would be just wasting my money?
Thu 04/11/04 at 10:06
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have one and have had no problems with it. Have you changed the settings in the pstwo’s menu to RGB?
Thu 04/11/04 at 10:31
"High polygon count"
AfroJoe wrote:
> It has to be said, Sony really do know how to con people. I mean,
> releasing pretty much the same console three times now? Ahaha.

Can you say "GBA SP"?
Thu 04/11/04 at 10:31
"High polygon count"
viperfire wrote:
> I have one and have had no problems with it. Have you changed the
> settings in the pstwo’s menu to RGB?

Yup!
Thu 04/11/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hey Wookiee good to see you back :)

Have you asked Sony Support?
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> It has to be said, Sony really do know how to con people. I mean,
> releasing pretty much the same console three times now? Ahaha.
>
> Can you say "GBA SP"?

True enough. But people constantly whine at Nintendo, and don't at Sony. And I haven't heard one GBA SP that still (if it ever did) have problems.
Thu 04/11/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cyclone wrote:

> True enough. But people constantly whine at Nintendo, and don't at
> Sony. And I haven't heard one GBA SP that still (if it ever
> did) have problems.

People don't whine at Sony??? Hmmm ok

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.