GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone bought a PStwo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 20:19
"High polygon count"
Hi all,

I bought a new PStwo yesterday, and am having some minor issues with the display.

I've had an original PS2 since its UK launch, and have a true, fully-wired RGB cable which I bought from GAME.

With my 'old' PS2, the cable gives a crystal clear, pin-sharp picture on my Sony WEGA TV. But when I connect the cable to the new machine, there's a 'ghost' outline (like a badly-tuned TV) around everything on screen - like you get if you connect the PS2 using the supplied composite cable.

All the settings are the same, so I don't know why this is happening. It's usable, but very annoying when you're used to a perfect picture!

Have Sony disabled true RGB output on the new machine, or is there another explanation?
Wed 10/11/04 at 11:34
Regular
"i"
Because of annoying little posts that state the obvious.
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> For those that care...
>
> GAME changed the console, and it was the same. So I ordered an
> official Euro AV cable (i.e. RGB SCART) from the uk.playstation.com
> website.
>
> Got it through today, and it is perfect - pin-sharp and quite
> probably clearer than the old cable was on the old machine.
>
> I've no idea what the difference is with regard to the output from
> the old PS2 and the new, but there's obviously SOMETHING that's
> slightly different. If anyone has any similar problems, get yerself
> a new cable!

I read the whole thread with interest wookie and I did care what happened in the end as I like you, remember when sr's forums weren't as childish as they are right now and I used to use a different name. I wonder why these forums have gone so childish?
Tue 09/11/04 at 22:26
"High polygon count"
For those that care...

GAME changed the console, and it was the same. So I ordered an official Euro AV cable (i.e. RGB SCART) from the uk.playstation.com website.

Got it through today, and it is perfect - pin-sharp and quite probably clearer than the old cable was on the old machine.

I've no idea what the difference is with regard to the output from the old PS2 and the new, but there's obviously SOMETHING that's slightly different. If anyone has any similar problems, get yerself a new cable!
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
What's the cheapest i could pick one up for?

New mind.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
ßulle†† wrote:
> I finally picked mine up yesterday. Swish little beauty isn't it?
>
> Just wondering though - do you reckon the flip top design could be
> exploited, a-lá Original Playstation?

Probably, and if not, someone will find a way how to.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:10
Regular
Definitley, it was one of the ways to mod the original PS2 and possibly the easiest method.
Fri 05/11/04 at 11:23
Regular
I finally picked mine up yesterday. Swish little beauty isn't it?

Just wondering though - do you reckon the flip top design could be exploited, a-lá Original Playstation?

EDIT - Exploited as in import games/backups, I meant to add.
Fri 05/11/04 at 11:11
Regular
In relation to the original post...

Bought one on launch in the states. I did a little thread further down with some pictures and impressions. Extremely impressive console, very small, extremely quiet, flip top drive, lighter and just a whole lot better designed. It is also running all the latest drive firmware so it is doesn't have the issues that some had with the original.

4 PS2's down though and can't say any have troubled me.
Thu 04/11/04 at 23:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wasn't trying to initiate any slagging matches.

As for off topic, I apologise. 98% of topics alwasy go off anyway....
Thu 04/11/04 at 23:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Exactly the point I was making about your original post. Regardless
> of whether Sony are conning people or not, it had no relevance or
> bearing on the issue of the thread. If I'd asked "Are Sony
> conning people with the PStwo?", then fair enough.

Heh, actually your first question was "Anyone bought a PStwo?", which was made in the thread title. And so my statement did in fact have a lot more relevance to the 'question' than you appear to have realised. I'm sorry I haven't responded properly to your in-topic question, and the one to which you have been referring to in this last message, but then, if people didn't drift slightly off-topic the majority of the time, then ukchatforums would not exist. Simple as that.

My original post maybe didn't come in the right topic, but I don't really see there being one for such a statement to be made anyway, plus the size of the phrase hardly merits the creation of a new topic. Therefore I posted here, in the first PStwo topic I've come across.

Also, I wasn't sniping at you for buying a PStwo, in case that was how my post was taken. Hell, I've got two PS2s, so the comment was actually applying to me as well. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.