GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is the Sexiest Character in a computer game? And who will be the next Sexiest Character in a computer game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/01 at 20:25
Regular
I'm asking your opinion be you male or female. Also include a reason if you have one.

I personally would be very tempted to say Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force but without Jeri Ryan doing the voice I don't think Seven would be my top choice.

Instead I'm going for Viconia from Baldurs Gate 2. My reason is that she has a well developed personality. Rather than just running around looking like an atractive computer sprite she actually talks and reacts to events (okay programed responses). she has a really great voice too plus her portrait is quite beautiful. If you use your imagination all the ingredients are present to make Viconia the most perfect woman in the world, apart from Jeri Ryan of course and Eliza Dushku (watch the film "Bring it on!" wow!), okay okay so i could probably come up with quite a bit more but Viconia is still the Sexiest computer game character ever.

what do you think?
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:16
Well let me see. In a way everyone is entitled to their view about everything, which is the basis of free speech which is the basis of freedom. Still, this means that while you have the right to insult people it is actually illegal in a sense because of the laws to protect people from slander and such things. So do we have free speech and are we free? Who knows? Some would say yes but none could be sure. Now, the point that since you see someone on TV you are allowed to pass judgement on them and say whatever you want about them just doesn't sound right. For one thing you don't actually know them, you can make a conclusion based on the evidence you have but you may change your mind if you actually get to know the person. Plus do you think it's right that you should be able to shout insults at someone passing in the street just because they are outside and therefore in the public view? Would you like it if someone you never even knew shouted "SCUM!" at you just because you happened to be walking by?

This of course brings us onto discrimination. Now why should we judge people based entirely on one thing that we pick up on? "Big nose" and "fatty" for example are a bit unpleasant and what if the person happens to have a lot of appealing qualities that you missed out on? Perhaps you don't like big noses but you may just miss out on the love of your life because you never noticed what a great personality the person had and you will die alone (And you probably deserve it you hypothetical "expletive").

So there are two sides to every argument as there are two sides to every object (at least, and are there? you can't see a one sided object, that doesn't mean it's not there) and in this case it is hard to find a compromise. Obviously any sort of discrimination is not acceptable but how much should our opinions be limited? This is the sort of question that can't be answered so just ignore it and have fun and be happy together.

Anyway as to the subject of sexy game characters, I find it hard to see any games characters as sexy since they aren't really human (or an equally compatible race, to avoid discrimination). Still if you can imagine what they're human form would be like perhaps you can find that sexy, it just depends on the person. And after all, they do say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
Wed 30/05/01 at 18:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
I think it is Jugga out of Conker BFD!!!

YEAH!
Wed 30/05/01 at 18:38
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> M16 wrote:
Buffy, is an actor. BUT, she is
> also a real
> person. A person that you can touch.

Not likely though is
> it?

You're not going to meet Sarah-Michelle Gellar, and she's not
> going to sleep with you.

How do you know?
Wed 30/05/01 at 17:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Meka_Dragon wrote:

fantasizing over games and TV characters...

Sniper knows all about that! lol
Wed 30/05/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
VenomByte wrote:
The main character never
> seems to be a middle-aged balding guy with a beer gut and man
> breasts. I wonder why?

Doesnt this describe 'Wally'... From Every Ones A Wally (and its 2(?) sequals)

Also, I suspect Minor Willy isnt the best looker around...

Mario?

:-)
Wed 30/05/01 at 17:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Alternatively then, who is the ugliest main character ever to feature in a game? (must be human).

The main character never seems to be a middle-aged balding guy with a beer gut and man breasts. I wonder why?

Ugliest main character I can think of would eb any of the guys from quake. Anyone do any better than that?
Wed 30/05/01 at 15:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I seem to remember last time this was posted... people started going mental about it all being a sexist post... :)

mmmm...

Summer good... Winter bad?

:@P
Wed 30/05/01 at 12:30
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Sexiest? Right now I cannot make any choice. Lara Croft no thank you. When they make a game with realistic graphics exactly the same as reallife then i will decide :)
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> M16 wrote:
> also a real
> person. A person that you can touch.

Not likely though is
> it?

You're not going to meet Sarah-Michelle Gellar, and she's not
> going to sleep with you.

Thank god for that.
Mind you, if it stopped her from "acting" it might be worth a shot
Wed 30/05/01 at 11:44
Regular
"not dead"
M16 wrote:
> also a real person. A person that you can touch.

Not likely though is it?

You're not going to meet Sarah-Michelle Gellar, and she's not going to sleep with you.

She may as well be a computer game character, therefore there is no difference between fantasizing over games and TV characters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.