GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My brother bought GTA SA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:36
Regular
In the voice of that guy from Little Britain: I don't like it.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:16
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> No, it's generic.

Where else have you played a game that gives such freedom and variation in a modern setting? Aside from GTA3 and Vice City, I struggle to think of a good one.

And let's face it - it's an RPG in essence. Would you judge Zelda on one hour's play? Morrowind? Give it the time it deserves, get past the rubbishy opening missions and you'll realise it's a very well made game.

Don't get me wrong, it has its flaws. You mentioned them yourself; poor graphics and framerate, dodgy control system and a few misplaced ideas (e.g. you HAVE to eat, at one point you must lose a lot of muscle, etc etc), and the gang you start off with is full to the brim with annoying characters - and that includes your own.

I didn't like it so much at first, for these reasons. But if you play it as you would play any other RPG, I'd be very surprised if you didn't like it. Especially considering you enjoyed GTA3.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
yarr wrote:
> You forgot option D - a complete and utter fanboy stating an opinion
> differing from the general consensus in a bid to appear
> controversial.

Or possibly, just maybe, perhaps, Edgy, er, doesn't like this game? Not everyobdy is as clever and downright bold as you in being special and above-the-scum I know, but not everybody is an idiot.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:22
Regular
I dunno. The thing is, I don't get a lot of spare time. So to play a game for a long period of time to get to a state where it might become enjoyable doesn't really fill me with excitement.

I might give it a second chance if I'm bored, but I know plenty of RPGs that have kept me gripped from the start. Games like that suit me a lot more.

I am a firm believer that too much freedom ruins games anyway. For example I enjoyed the original Spider-Man movie game a lot more than the second. The second seemed to have too much of the same thing over and over again whereas the first was full of variation.

I still stand by my 'generic' comment. It so far seems very much the same as GTA 3, GTA Vice City and The Simpsons Hit & Run as far as gameplay goes. Sure, that's only three games, but they're long games.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:31
Regular
[URL]http://www.lorl.co.uk/sounds/gtasanandreas.wav[/URL]

My opinion of my first hour on GTA San Andreas :P
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Balls, its great.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:36
Regular
"Balls"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Balls, its great.

Yeah. Just have fun on it. I did and I'am enjoying every moment of it.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:40
Regular
That's the problem - I am currently struggling to enjoy it.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thing is - it's not been marketed on a new advance on graphics, different gameplay.

Joe Gamer (aka me) like the format of the first, then the second and want more from this one. Now the area is massive, more interactive elements, better charecters/plot/missions.

Personally, I think the graphics (apart from the sunlight) are excellent.
Sat 06/11/04 at 01:02
Regular
It's the gameplay I'm struggling to enjoy so far.
Sat 06/11/04 at 01:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Reefer wrote:
> It is a very good game. Anyone who says otherwise is either
>
> a) lying
> b) hasn't played it
> c) is saying it to sound "cool" or "different".
>
> Granted, the graphics can be cack here and there, but as a game, it's
> bloody better than 99% of the games churned out.

That extra 1 percent was for devil may cry 1 and 2 heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.