GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Converted."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/05 at 14:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Normal is the way to go with Wow. No idiots ganking you, no "ffs, here we go again" moments.

Swap if you're on PvP. You'll not regret it.
Mon 16/05/05 at 12:58
Regular
I should have stayed with you cal-boy
Mon 16/05/05 at 12:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I knew from the start that i didnt want to be ganked mid-quest, a normal server always seemed the most attractive proposition.
Mon 16/05/05 at 12:10
Regular
Glad I am coming around to level 40 for the mount, purely so I can leg it through sections with sheet loads of Horde.
Mon 16/05/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> Hmm...having been brutalised by a bunch of Horde lvl ?? when I was a
> mere level 12 this weekend, I'm starting to find myself persuaded by
> this argument...

I'd recommand it, even after what I said. I'm level 14 Atm, and it really hasn't taken too long (perhaps a week)

I'm finding the time to restart is outweighting the time spend in frustration on Dragonmaw. Plus, there's the horrible feeling that the rest of the Dragonmaw game is going to degenerate, as more and more time is spent in contested areas.

For me, a restart. Two months on a dragonmaw char down the drain, but I'd rather play WoW for a year after a restart than give up in frustration 6 months down the line.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:57
Regular
I got the game a week or so after release and even then the Honour system was touted and what this would no doubt lead to. It is the only argument against how Blizzard have handled PVP though, the rest is down to the gamers and which ones want/don't want to be c*ck faces all the time.

Another thing I have noticed which may just be me, the majority of ?? Alliance seem to leave lower level Horde alone yet pretty much every ?? Horde I have come across wants to nail everyone in sight.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...having been brutalised by a bunch of Horde lvl ?? when I was a mere level 12 this weekend, I'm starting to find myself persuaded by this argument...
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> At the end of the day it is a PVP game though so you should expect
> the worst, if you don't want the hassle don't join the server in the
> first place as there are bound to be many lameo geeks to**ing over
> gank on someone 20 levels lower.

Yeah, I fully agree, but with WoW being my first MMORPG, I'm uninformed of these matters. It was great before the honor patch. *Shrug* a "Carebear" server for me. :D
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That argument doesn't work though, because before the honour system it wasn't like it is now. Because there weren't rewards for acting like an assface.
You'll get gamers that want to savour the world, explore and do quests, fish for an hour and immerse themselves in the experience.
And then you'll get gamers that want to reach lv60 as quickly as possible, cheat & hack to do so, and then complain it's "Boring" and "nothing to do" because they've raced through in an attempt to be the first to show off epic mounts and special armour.
People like Creepy for instance.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:47
Regular
It wasn't bad until the Honour system, no one really cared from either side as there were no benefits to it.

At the end of the day it is a PVP game though so you should expect the worst, if you don't want the hassle don't join the server in the first place as there are bound to be many lameo geeks to**ing over gank on someone 20 levels lower.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> 1 vs 1 PVP of a similar level is part of the game I suppose, when you
> get groups of ?? running around ganking everyone, it just becomes
> crazy.

Yep. I don't mind taking on one that's around my level but sometimes it really sucks.
Example, it's probably happened to lots of people; I was killing a beast of around my level, not too tough, but as I was attacking it I was attacked by a Horde a couple of levels lower than me. "Right, I can take this ass" I thought. I killed the beast I was fighting and started on the Horde only to be attacked by his higher level Rogue buddy who was waiting behind me. I died, then I cried because I realised was paying for this crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.