GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new face of Joe Dark....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 14:40
Regular
[URL]http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=2&p=&g=&tr=&mt=0&cId=3138147[/URL]

I'm suprised they haven't renamed her to SHARAAAAAAAN Dark.

You guys should be glad Nintendo sold Rare....
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:51
Regular
Rai wrote:
> Most of the new Xbox's release date line-up is available on other
> consoles, from the looks of it.

You're not looking very hard then. Are your eyes broken by any chance?
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Tphi wrote:
> And if you need any more convincing he's a top banana, just remember
> the Anaconda mini-game music from TSP2 :)

End of Story.

Damn... now I can't stop humming it. Curse you!
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's good to know someone else has heard of him :) I do a Limewire search every so often to see if any of his stuff comes up. He's worked on all three Splitters games and Second Sight, plus Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Land and Killer Instinct.

And if you need any more convincing he's a top banana, just remember the Anaconda mini-game music from TSP2 :)
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:20
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Tphi wrote:
> Graeme Norgate by the way is the
> person who composed all the atmospheric TimeSplitters/Second Sight
> music if you're wondering.

He does some amazing pieces of music. Like the Wild West one in TS2.
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> For sods sake! Free Radical have like 3 people from he Goldeneye team.
> One of them is the lead designer, David Doak, yes, but that is all.

To confirm, it was David Doak, Steve Ellis, Karl Hilton, Graeme Norgate, Lee Ray who left for FRD. Graeme Norgate by the way is the person who composed all the atmospheric TimeSplitters/Second Sight music if you're wondering.

> Just because the same team is not working on the game (although from
> what I gather it is most of the same team from the original Perfect
> Dark) does not mean the game will be naff.

A couple of points. I don't think anyone was saying the game will be naff, if they were they're jumping the gun. Most were just agreeing the screenshots are looking dissapointing, which they are for what is supposedly a Next-Gen game. Secondly, do you have a source for gathering that most of the same team remain? While yes, it's unrealistic to say that they've all left specifically for FRD, many have moved onto other companies or left since.
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:56
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Most of the new Xbox's release date line-up is available on other consoles, from the looks of it.
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:44
Regular
Sniper says the same thing in every single topic about Rare these days.

It's like some kind of automatic defence very similiar to sticking your hands over your ears and shouting "LALALALALALALA" to drown out things you don't want to hear..
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:40
Regular
For sods sake! Free Radical have like 3 people from he Goldeneye team. One of them is the lead designer, David Doak, yes, but that is all.

Just because the same team is not working on the game (although from what I gather it is most of the same team from the original Perfect Dark) does not mean the game will be naff.
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:16
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Cool.
>
> If you're that bothered about look changes you were never going to
> like it.
>
> Agreed.
>
> How hypocritical is this forum.
>
> One post saying it is okay for Revolution to have low specs (but with
> high-definition games that appears unlikely now) but mock the new
> Perfect Dark.
>
> Argh!

Because it's not made by the people who developed Goldeneye the main batch of them left for Free Radical or elsewhere.
Sat 14/05/05 at 13:52
Regular
What you chatting about, the Dinosaur Planet Trailer looked the nuts back in the day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.