GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Glazier puts money where his mouth is...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4540939.stm[/URL]

I have a feeling a £790 million takeover is on the cards and United might just accept it.

Discuss.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:21
Regular
"..."
or†ega wrote:
> United wont be a PLC once Glazer takes united off the stock market.

Good point. But still van't really bring myself to care about the fate of club when it's their own fault...
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:19
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Well i know one thing for sure.. My dad wont be selling his shares.. As i want them when he dies :D

EDIT: As spelt Know wrong :(
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:32
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:
> I wouldn't be so sure. There are rules in place which stop even a
> single owner siphoning money from a PLC.

United wont be a PLC once Glazer takes united off the stock market.
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yeah, less show of support wont help the team morale
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:26
Regular
"..."
Damarus wrote:
> The fact that Man U will lose nearly 50 million a year to make up the
> debt for one.

I wouldn't be so sure. There are rules in place which stop even a single owner siphoning money from a PLC.
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:25
Regular
Theres a big difference. The board of directors all had to agree with each other before any major decisions went through, but now with Glazer in total control he can get rid of the board and do as he pleases.

On another note i dont see the point in demonstrations at the FA cup final, just concentrate on supporting the team so they have the best chance of beating arsenal eh lads?
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:24
Regular
The fact that Man U will lose nearly 50 million a year to make up the debt for one.
Mon 16/05/05 at 13:07
Regular
"..."
Heh. Why do Man Yoo think this is a bad thing?

All of a sudden you're owner by one man who loves money and doesn't care about the club. Whereas before you were owned by several men who loved the money and didn't care about the club (the fact that they sold up when money was waved under their noses proves this). So what's the difference, eh?
Mon 16/05/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Glazer has secured 75% ownership of United and can now do what he likes with us.

On a brighter note Giggs has signed a new 2 yr contract, United breaking their own rules by stating they will only offer 1 yr deals to players over the age of 30 - anyone think Glazer had something to do with that?
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Why would you care anyway? You can still call it Old Trafford, it's just that Glazer will be getting millions for Nike to say 'IT'S OURS NOW'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.