GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What scares you more?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/05/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
With the arrival of Resi 4, I started thinking: Hmm. What is more scary, flms or games?

Personally, I think games.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:46
Regular
"8==="
I find that games are more immersive than movies and therefore scarier.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:40
Regular
chrizz wrote:
> rite so your sayin games r scareier than movies but movies r scareier
> than games make up your mind

If you were intelligent enough to read the first sentence of my post you wouldn't have such a hard time understanding.

I d i o t
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:34
Regular
Neither are any more scary, it's the individual film/game which determines how scary it is.

For example Resident Evil 4 is scarier than a lot of films but then The Shining is scarier than a lot of games.
Sat 07/05/05 at 21:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Films are more frightening. You're in control when playing a game so you get to decide how to play out the story, which really takes any scariness out of it.

I tend not to be scared when playing a horror game as I'm concentrating so hard on playing. Things jump out, but I deal with them like I would on any other game.
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:54
Regular
Games are probably more frightening as you cannot 'hide nehind the couch' as souch or wind the scary part on

With a game your using more concentration so even something that makes you jump is twice as frightening. All of your nerves and senses are heightened due to the concentration level needed for playing a game, when concentrating your more likely to get sucked in to a frightening thing

Having said this, it is easier to identify with characters in a film because they are humans rather than computer graphics. All gore is terrifying in a film as it looks real and like it's happening to a person, whereas the graphical quality is not yet that good in games to make it seem real

But, things that involve special effects are worse in games as things like ghosts look like they're in their natural environment. Camera techniques can be frightening in each if implemented properly
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The thing that scares me most is someone ripping a rib out my chest and using it to stab me in the eye.
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Probably games, beacause they are interactive. Films can still be frightening though.
Sat 07/05/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
With the arrival of Resi 4, I started thinking: Hmm. What is more scary, flms or games?

Personally, I think games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.