GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That was amazing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 21:58
Regular
If you didn't watch Derren Brown tonight you missed a treat.

He puts this zombie game in a pub, and while some guy is playing it he makes him fall into a catatonic state, then they take the guy down the street, put him in a building that's a replica of the game, give him a gun then run off and make him wake up.

Cue laods of actors coming in as zombies, the guy just goes insane, and as he's about to get overwhelmed Derren makes him go cataonic again, takes him back to arcade and wakes him up. And the guy just thinks he's played the best game ever.

I've explained it badly, but seriously, if this is repreated you need to watch it, it's incredible.
Sat 07/05/05 at 11:57
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I agree, I thought it was awesome. To have had that experience...

It was perfect: sealed doors, groaning, banging on the windows, the undead coming out of previously sealed doors. A scene right out of a horror movie with a genuine reaction.
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:23
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I saw it last night too. Really was awesome the way he could fool the mind.
Sat 07/05/05 at 10:19
Regular
"the burning sky"
Did you believe all that spiel about how he was bullied in his childhood, which meant he was able to count stuff quickly?
Fri 06/05/05 at 23:34
Regular
Twas fantastic.

I especially liked the part where he started shouting expletives at the zombie woman and shot her in the face.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:46
"period drama"
Gotta know how Brown learnt all this stuff.
Must have had a very strange childhood ... to know how the mind works so well, and how to effect it ... amazing.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:45
"period drama"
gerrid wrote:
>did you see the ook on his face?

I think that was mine

>He was almost orgasmic

I should hope so.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It was really really great. Man that guy is a genius.

When he was shooting up the zombies, the bloke was going insane - did you see the ook on his face? He was almost orgasmic
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Hopefully some people saw my warning:

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=123955&forumid=301[/URL]

And yes, it was amazing. And disturbing.

Amazingly disturbing.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:26
Regular
It was fantastic.

Even I did think for a second it might be a bit unethical though, mainly because of the risk he would start physically attacking the actors.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:16
"period drama"
No-one "found out" it was a hoax ... it obviously was a hoax, or chav mind-trick ... that he explained away at the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.