GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That was amazing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 21:58
Regular
If you didn't watch Derren Brown tonight you missed a treat.

He puts this zombie game in a pub, and while some guy is playing it he makes him fall into a catatonic state, then they take the guy down the street, put him in a building that's a replica of the game, give him a gun then run off and make him wake up.

Cue laods of actors coming in as zombies, the guy just goes insane, and as he's about to get overwhelmed Derren makes him go cataonic again, takes him back to arcade and wakes him up. And the guy just thinks he's played the best game ever.

I've explained it badly, but seriously, if this is repreated you need to watch it, it's incredible.
Sat 07/05/05 at 19:18
"period drama"
gamesfreak wrote:
> The one where he persuaded the guy from Shaun of the Dead to forget
> the present that he really wanted and made him think he wanted a BMX
> was superb
>
> The way he did it? Some how intricated the letters B, M and X in
> every sentence he said.

That was quality - he actually tapped him on the arm everytime he said something realting to the bike, so all the letters, stuff about the colour red, wheels and stuff.
Sat 07/05/05 at 18:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Reefer wrote:
> The guy was obviously a "stooge" or confederate, and it was
> all pre-arranged.
>
> That's marked the jumping of the shark for Trick of the Mind,
> methinks. Everything else was "real", in the sense of the
> word, but it's highly unlikely this is real, due to the ethical
> ramifications and the such. Even if the guy signed a waver
> afterwards, I'm fairly certain it extrudes British Psychological
> Society guidelines, and he'd be suspended.

*Cough* GEEK!
Sat 07/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
gamesfreak wrote:
> The one where he persuaded the guy from Shaun of the Dead to forget
> the present that he really wanted and made him think he wanted a BMX
> was superb
>
> The way he did it? Some how intricated the letters B, M and X in
> every sentence he said.

He hypnotises people and then makes them think they were thinking of that word. He just makes some random word up and they'll always agree.
Sat 07/05/05 at 15:44
Regular
The guy was obviously a "stooge" or confederate, and it was all pre-arranged.

That's marked the jumping of the shark for Trick of the Mind, methinks. Everything else was "real", in the sense of the word, but it's highly unlikely this is real, due to the ethical ramifications and the such. Even if the guy signed a waver afterwards, I'm fairly certain it extrudes British Psychological Society guidelines, and he'd be suspended.
Sat 07/05/05 at 15:09
Regular
I found the episode last night absolutly brilliant but also terrifying. Not in that way in you'd expect, the way that the same thing could happen to you the next time you play a arcade game. Why couldn't the clown test it out on one of his dorky buddies.
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:56
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Gotta know how Brown learnt all this stuff.

I guess he's just very educated on his psychology.

People who say "he has magical powers!!!" are just stupid, he's no different from any of us, other then the fact that he knows what he is doing in this sort of stuff.

The one where he persuaded the guy from Shaun of the Dead to forget the present that he really wanted and made him think he wanted a BMX was superb

The way he did it? Some how intricated the letters B, M and X in every sentence he said.
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Is it repeated? If not, if anyone sees a orrent, post it.
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
Double Post
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
mikelar wrote:
> It wasn't real, you wide-chinned mongoloids.
>
> Of course they're all actors.
>
> all of them.

You sceptic - i personally dont think they are.
Sat 07/05/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Selected"
It wasn't real, you wide-chinned mongoloids.

Of course they're all actors.

all of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.