GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Notable Election: 12/05/05"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/05/05 at 11:42
Regular
"serenity now!"
Yes, I know there's some other election happening today, but coming this time next week is the vote that can really make a difference to people's lives - UKchatforums.com Notable.

Every three months the regulars of the board vote to give one member "Notable" status. The colour of their name (which is changed to Gold) and their member title is the only difference that you'll see, but the increased fear and respect from their peers will be obvious to all.

The vote will be held on Thursday 12th May. There will be an official voting thread put up in General Chat on Thursday morning, and you'll get until midnight to place your vote. Unfortunately JATs and Newbies are unable to vote, this will be for Regulars and Notables only.

This time round, as well as your normal vote for Notable, you'll also be able to vote for someone to relinquish their Notable status and rejoin the ranks of the Regulars. Use it wisely.

So next Thursday then. Don't forget it.
Page:
Thu 12/05/05 at 08:07
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Celestine wrote:
> Now I'm confused. I've wanted Paradox to be Notable since last year.

You were here last year? Time can't go that fast, it's unpossible.
Thu 12/05/05 at 07:46
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Sounds a bit like a vicious manhunt though, really.#

Speaking of vicious man hunts... do you still play Tactical Ops ant?
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:35
Regular
"8==="
I'm sorry but you're getting emotional over something that means very little to anyone fairly sane.

Stuff you lot.
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh, admittedly I haven't visited this forum for quite a while until a certain idiot (Chr1s, haha) alerted me to this thread. Mainly I stick around the WWE and Sport Forums, but I also pop into the Life and Movies forums when something interests me.

Maybe there should be a lower/higher Notable status? Maybe those who post no more, like SonicRav (I guess), should be given a Retired Notable status until they return?

Yus, it's only a forum. But still...for people who spent so much time posting back in the 'old days,' I feel it's a little harsh for one, if not more of them to have their wee-coloured status removed just because our lives, and our priorities have changed over time.

PS - I LIKE CAKE!
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
It's pointless crap.

But the notable removal should at least be fun.

Stuff you lot.
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:09
Regular
Awww Gerrid *hugs* I know you're not being sarcastic. Right? Well, in any case, I was just upset at you for moaning at me..you're not ugly. From what I hear, you're a Nordic stud. Mm..nice. So apologies and all on the eve of election. *cheers*

But, anything less than a lateral distinction would just be a shame to the entire site. You must admit, it's just plain sad.
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've already proved your Notable Emeritus idea to be worthless, so give it up Celestine!

I STILL LURVE YA THO!!!! HUGZ
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:49
Regular
Ant wrote:
> So we're voting off a Notable now, eh? Personally I think everyone who
> is a Notable deserves their status and therefore I disagree with the
> idea, but I'm a Notable so I guess I would.
>
> Sounds a bit like a vicious manhunt though, really.

Why hello Ant! I think the Notable should be given more of a lateral distinction such as "Notable Emeritus" and not chastised. I agree with you about the vicious manhunt..and I'm not even anywhere near Notable. I don't think it's a wise decision for the Staffies to present to the children of the forum.

So I ask the Staffies to think of the children and what message this puts in their minds about how the world works. Yey..you can reach high peaks in life, but remember always..some jack ass can come along and sweep it right out from under you and leave you looking like a right dweeb. It IS dog eat dog in the real world, don't ever mistake it.

And even in an internet forum, they can (and will) intentionally strip you of your integrity and put you at the stake for all to make a mockery of.

Nice, Staffies. Really.

The "Notable Emeritus" is less demeaning. It's class...simply.
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok i've just looked through the notables and didn't really have a preference, asked around, got some stories, my mind is made up.
Wed 11/05/05 at 21:44
"possibly impossible"
Celestine wrote:
> I just wanted to be sure to mention how it has been an absolute
> pleasure this past week with all the Notable interaction. Thank you
> all for coming out of the woodwork. I'm hoping it doesn't cease and
> that you'll all continue to grace us with your glORIous presence.
>
> Alright..I'm done.

I tend to hang around all the time, posting when I can. hell, I'm even posting from India now. But I do see some notables who come on once every so often. Thing is, when they do appear, they usually have something good to say...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.