GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why you should vote today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/05/05 at 07:58
Regular
"not dead"
That is, if you're legally entitled to.

If you don't vote, then you can't really complain when promises are inevitably broken.

If you don't vote you can't swear whenever they come on the TV or radio.

If you don't vote you're saying they can do what the heck they like.

Whilst it may seem entirely futile, if you don't vote you haven't even tried to do anything about it.

This morning I figured that the Government is a little like Top Cat. They'll place a shiny coin in your hand, and tell you how great they are, but just before your fingers close around it they'll snatch it away with that little bit of string attached to it that you never noticed.

Mind you, when the choice is between a smug, lying, patronising sycophant, a man that looks like a particularly greasy sexual pervert, and a ginger, alcoholic gnone (and face facts, ginger is an issue, that's why Labour never got in under Kinnock), then I can see why you'd be tempted not to...
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They have to declare the number of spoiled ballots. You never know - perhaps if the number of spoiled ballots exceeds the number of votes for the winner, there'll be a huge uprising etc.

Oh and the Lib Dem policy is as vague as any policy, in that they AIM to take the troops out, if it's safe for them to do so, but it's not definite that they will. The fact that they plan to take the troops out means they'll work harder towards creating a stable security force before they do so, which is definitely a GOOD thing. Also don't forget that the Americans will be there and we can't just keep our troops in there forever babysitting the country.
Thu 05/05/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mumbai Duck wrote:

> If they took note of spoiled ballots I'd do that, but nobody cares so
> why bother.

They actually do put 'spoilt ballots' down... just not always.

My dad saw loads in the 1980s.

" You can shove your butter mountains up your arrse "
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
I think they're counted.

[URL]http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SpoiledBallot[/URL]
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mumbai Duck wrote:

> Didn't you complain about tactical voting below?
> Edit: Or in Goatboy's thread
>
> If I were to vote for whoever I loathe the least, I'd be doing just
> that.
>
>
> If they took note of spoiled ballots I'd do that, but nobody cares so
> why bother.

Yeah, yeah blah &^((ing blah.

If anything you're saying is something more than "God, I'm just so cynical" posturing of the terminally teen, then maybe I'd give you a little attention.

As is, I complained about LACK of voting; voter apathy. DilWarts like you in other words.

And as I've said; they do tally spoiled ballot papers. So put your money where your mouth is, get up off your backside, and spoil your paper. That way you get to keep posturing and feel vaguely self-righteous for having participated in something.
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:40
Regular
Light wrote:
> Then shut your &*(^ing face whining about politics; if you don't
> play the game, you don't get to have a say.

Didn't you complain about tactical voting below?
Edit: Or in Goatboy's thread

If I were to vote for whoever I loathe the least, I'd be doing just that.

If they took note of spoiled ballots I'd do that, but nobody cares so why bother.
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:16
Regular
I mean, even if you don't like any of them, atleast spoil your ballot to show so!
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mumbai Duck wrote:

> I can't vote for any of them.

Then shut your &*(^ing face whining about politics; if you don't play the game, you don't get to have a say.
Thu 05/05/05 at 15:54
Regular
I would have gone Lib Dem, but I don't like their policy of d*cking on Iraqi civilians, it's as bad as Labour's (or the Tories', since they backed it).

'Nooo, it'd help them, by a shiny-happy coincidence my policy to say feck em all and go home is alright because we're just making it worse by trying to protect the civilians from getting killed'.

I actually thought he was different. What a mong I was.

I can't vote for any of them.

Edit: Except Top Cat, obviously. Or maybe Phil Silvers if he copies the voice...
Thu 05/05/05 at 15:49
Regular
*Votes for TopCat*

Thing is, if you vote (and win, maybe), then you're actually responsible for the broken lies and horse***t
Thu 05/05/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Paradox: wrote:

> There was a bloke with a bit blue tory badge-thing telling us where
> to go vote and doing the wink/finger snap thing.
>
> I was the youngest person voting by about 30 years which is quite
> sad.

Exactly the same as my experience. Although I avoided the bloke with the blue badge.

All you people who have said about voting (especially you Libdem people) please do it. It'll only take a few minutes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.